Announcements

March 2025

Natalia's POV:

"Daan are you fucking kidding me!" I walked into the living room.

"What?" 

"You know what. You, pain in my ass." 

"Tell me what." 

"What the hell is happening?" Leon looked at us.

"You tell me." Daan stood up. "Because I've been sitting here minding my OWN FUCKING BUSINESS! And your crazy sister came in her yelling."

"Crazy?" I walked toward her. "Oh, that's really ironic coming from you!" 

"Ok. Well, I have to go do something. You two can continue this fight." Leon said. "Bye." He grabbed his keys and left. 

"How was that?" I asked.

"Believable. I was fearing for my life there." She stood up. "Now what?"

"We wait and then we follow him." I smiled. "Let's find out what my brother is up to."

Daniëlle's POV:

We waited and then followed him. "I still don't understand the fake fight?"

"To make him think that we're mad at each other. So he won't suspect we're working together. Come on, babe. Keep up." She said. "He's turning here." 

I turned and she looked at her phone. "He's stopping." I looked around. 

"Um babe?" 

She looked. "What?"

"Isn't that where men go to," I smirked. "Donate their boys?"

"Oh no Leon why."

"Didn't he say he was helping a friend?" She nodded. "Maybe this is how."

"But why be so secretive and weird about it? Why hide it that hard?"

"I don't know. But we shouldn't tell him we know. Whoever the friend is, clearly wants to keep it a secret. At least for now."

She nodded and we drove home. Later that night we sat on the couch.

Leon walked in. "Are you two civil now?" He asked.

"Yeah." Nat smiled. "Daan apologized. Always wrong she is."

"Oh. Really?" I looked at her. "You want to talk about being wrong? Let's talk about it then."

"Shut it, Daan." She rolled her eyes.

"No. Let's go. Let's talk about being wrong, Nat."

"Ok. Bye." Leon left the room. 

June 2025

Natalia's POV:

The league was over. Atletico won, Barca came in second, and we finished 3rd. 

Now the focus shifted. The Euros. 

Spain were favorites and defending champions.

Portugal and the Netherlands were favorites as well. So were we. 

I looked at my locker. Our last game in Italy before the tournament. 

Garcia 15

I smiled and touched the jersey. 

"Nat." I turned to Lisa. "You ready?"

"Always." I followed her. 

August 2025

Daniëlle's POV:

"Champions!" I picked up Lieke. She laughed. "Champions of Europe once again!" I smiled. "Come on!" I looked around the field and took it all in. I saw Nahikari sat on the field and walked over. "Captain." I put my hand out. She took it and I helped her to her feet. "I've been your teammate for a season, seen you train every day yet you still surprise me. You are world class."

She smiled. "Thanks, Daan. Congratulations." She hugged me. "What a way to go off." She whispered.

"Mapi too right?" She nodded. "Anyone else?" 

"No one that's made an announcement." She sighed. "I feel like there will be more, but who knows."

"You?"

"No." She laughed. "Not yet. I have more years to give."

"Good. I'm about to become a fan, so entertain me." I laughed. 

"I'll try my best. Go celebrate. Tell everyone I said congratulations, yeah?" I nodded. I watched her walk toward Virginia and hold her while she cried. 

Mapi walked over. "What's next for you, girlfriend of my future wife's best friend?" She laughed.

"Retirement." I sighed. I looked at the fans. 

Spanish and Dutch. 

"There's a new generation wearing this jersey. A generation that is so much better already. A new style of football. I've done my part to make it better for them, now? Now I'll watch and support them."

"Going out as European champs." She nodded. "That's one way to do it." She laughed. "Enjoy it, my friend." She patted my patted and walked away.

I put my hands on my hips. "What a ride it's been."

Natalia's POV:

With the Euros done, we turned to a new season.

"We are following football news. As another edition of the Euros finishes, the Dutch were once again crowned champions. Following the end of the tournament, Dutch midfielder Daniëlle van de Donk announced her retirement from international football. She said that she is considering playing this upcoming season, but no word on that yet. She joins Spanish defender Mapi Leon who also announced her retirement. Mapi has been the center of Spain's defense for many years. As more young and talented defenders join, Mapi said that she felt it was the perfect time for her to walk away. She will continue to play for Barcelona and is ready for this season."

As preseason got closer, I spent a lot of time with Daan. My mother came to Spain to visit. It was nice to have her here.

Leon said that after this season, he would officially be retiring from football. He retired from the national team a few years ago but continued to play for Real Sociedad. 

"Atletico Madrid announced that forward Mariana's contract will not be extended. After signing on in 2022 for 3 years, her contract was up following the conclusion of the 2024-25 season. The club announced earlier today that both parties are ok with the decision. They did finish the season top of the table. No news on where Mariana will be reporting for preseason."

I smirked. "I think I do." I turned to Daan. "And you? Are you playing this season?"

She smirked and unzipped her jacket. She had her Real Sociedad training top on. "I'm ready to go. Are you?"