Actions

October 2023

Natalia's POV:

"Atletico Madrid confirmed earlier today that forward, Mariana Mendes will be out around 3-6 months after suffering a broken leg against Barcelona. Mendes went up for a header and was clipped by Barcelona defender, Andrea Pereira. Atleti also stated that she has returned to Lisbon Portugal where we had a successful surgery yesterday. Mariana will stay in Lisbon throughout her recovery."

I grabbed my phone and called her.

"Hey, Nat." She answered.

"Mariana. Girl when I said you needed a break, I didn't mean go break your leg." She laughed. "How are you?"

"In a lot of pain. But I'm with my family, so it's not too bad." 

"How bad is it?"

"Bad." She sighed. "Just have to take it day by day."

"If you need me, just call me ok?"

"Ok. How's long distance?"

"Not as bad as I thought. We talk but not too much where it's annoying, and not too little where I'm dying to talk to her. We have a good balance it's working."

"Teach Mapi your ways. I went to the bathroom once and she thought I wanted to break up." 

"Oh Mapi." I laughed. "How long have you two been together now?"

"2 years. How long for you and Daan?" 

"Gonna be 1 year. It flew by." I smiled. "Best year ever." We talked for a little while longer. "I'll let you go. I should head to practice soon anyway." 

"Give Nahikari my number. I don't think Leila gave her the right one."

"Why?"

"Because it's Leila."

"True. I will pass that message along. Talk to you later."

"Bye Nat." She hung up and I got ready to go. 

Daniëlle's POV:

"What are you gonna do for the big one year mark?" Jill asked.

"I don't know. Do I have to do something big?"

"I mean you don't have to go over the top, but do something." Viv said.

"Any ideas?"

"Well considering she left you and went to Spain." Leah walked over.

"Oh my god! You are the only one who has an issue with this!" 

"Because I thought she was our teammate, our friend! But she left us, she left you!" 

"And I understand why she did. Why can't you?"

She rolled her eyes. "Screw you, Daan." She walked away.

"Leah." I got up. 

"Let her go." Jordan sighed. "I'll go talk to her." She followed Leah. 

"What's her problem?" I asked.

"She's upset that Natalia left." Lisa said. "We all are."

"Yeah but you understand why don't you? Arsenal didn't want to extend her contract. Nat had to leave."

"She did start looking before the contract ended though." Katie shrugged. 

"She wasn't that happy here." Viv said. "Honestly, she wasn't. It showed. Yes, there was a lot more going on but she came here to get away from Alex and make a name for herself out of Italy. It didn't work out, she looked for other options."

I smiled.

"Leah has to understand that. Everyone does." Jill said.

After our game, we all sat together to watch Real Sociedad play. They were facing off against Atleti. A match Nat was looking forward to until Mariana was injured. 

"Finally up top for Real Sociedad, the two Garcia's. Natalia Garcia and Nahikari." 

"These two have been fantastic since Natalia joined from Arsenal. She was good there but wasn't at her best. Since joining the Spanish side, Natalia has quickly risen to the top of the scoring list, just 1 goal behind the recently injured, Mariana Mendes. Nahikari is 2 goals back of her strike partner as they look to dethrone Barca and Atleti this season. Kick-off next."

Natalia's POV:

I watched Nahikari talk to Virginia. "Hey Vir." I smirked. "Talk to her after we kick your ass got it?"

"What's a matter, Nat? Miss your girlfriend that much?" 

"At least I have the guts to actually say she's my girlfriend."

Lola choked. "My god." 

"Hi I don't believe we've met, I'm Carmen and you are? What was that? The woman who murdered Virginia? An honor." She shook my hand. 

I laughed. "Ok." Virginia nodded. "You got the trash talk down. Let's see how you do on the pitch. You know what they say. Actions speak louder than words."

10 minutes later

"Son of a bitch!" Virginia yelled after I beat her. I passed it to Nahikari and she easily scored it. 

"What was that about actions, Virginia?" I ran toward Nahikari. 

"She's cute when she's frustrated." Nahikari said.

"Yeah, she's really adorable. Can I get my goal now?"

No one's POV:

"Full time here from Reale Arena. We finish Atleti 3. Real Sociedad 3. Nahikari with 1 goal, Natalia with 2. Atleti goals scored by Virginia, Sosa, and Menayo. Next up Atleti will take on Deportivo. Real Sociedad head to Barcelona."

Daniëlle's POV:

"2 goals. Do you know how to miss?"

"Yeah, apparently I do." Nat sighed. "With friends. Is Leah seriously mad at me?" 

"Looks like it, yeah. I'm sorry. I've tried to talk to her but,"

"No, it's fine. This is between me and her. I'll take care of it."

A friendship between Natalia and Nahikari? Ok.

Banter between Natalia and Virginia? Got it

Be going all the way to New Jersey to see those Spanish idiots? You bet I am! 

ALSO! I'm going to do a Nahikari story at some point. Do you want it connected to International or do you want it separate and have a new storyline? I'm open to either one.