forty three

Nadia

. . .

"Remember to go easy when you turn your neck, okay? When someone speaks to you, make sure not to go through the stress of turning because it will strain your neck. Also, make sure that their directly in front of you or in your forward line of vision so you can avoid any further injuries with your neck." Dr. Morgan goes over Jacob's recovery plan as he sits in the wheelchair, barely nodding, but I know he hears her.

I listen, too.

"You'll be able to get the neck brace removed before prom if you'd like, because with patience, it's expected to heal by then. You can also get it loosend or tightened depeding it's movement during your recovery. If you feel like you can't breath or swallowing is difficult, contact the hospital immediately." She hands him the greeting last card from his room, sent by one of his friends. Craig, I think. She raises an eyebrow, shifting her vision between the both of us.

"Don't ever try that stunt again, Perez. Think about the conseuqences she'll suffer." She says, referring to me. I can't help but blush a little as Jacob nods and closes his his, smiling. She returns the gesture, patting Jacob's knee and then hugging me tightly. "You're lucky, you two are." She winks, finally leaving.

Jacob slowly puts his hand to his neck, feeling the thick white brace around it. "Don't laugh. I know I look crazy with this marshmallow around my neck." I laugh at his joke, glad the old Jacob is coming back. Even thought I'll never be able to feel the pain he's in or went through, I definitely don't want to. I put my hand over his and smile.

"We are lucky, Jacob." I say, gazing at the sun above. It smiles at us.

"Yes, we are, Nadia."

. . .

Works Cited : Twitter and Fanlala. Comment! Sorry for the blurry photo! -Mo