eleven

This might be full of mistakes. Sorry. Editing later, and sorry for the wait. -Mo

Nadia

. . .

"They didn't take it so well.." 

"Nope.."

"I kind of didn't expect them too, though."

'Well, I don't know, but maybe they're just, you know, thinking.."

"Yeah, shock could be a possible reason, but she took one look at me and sent me out."

Snooping is wrong, but when your brother is speaking rather loudly, interrupting me from reading Savannah's Story, I must know what''s happeningHe appeared to be ranting to someone, and I was slightly jealous that he didn't rant to me, if he was actually ranting.

But he was so loud, and so angry-souding that I just had to come and see what he was rambling about. His conversation must be deep, heading downward is so does his voice, because he's speaking to whoever's on the phone in a low, hushed voice.

Nathan sighs and I can hear his bed sqeak as, I'm assure, he lays back on his bed. "Listen, Chres.. I just, I just don't know if it'll work out, you know."

Wait?!

He's talking to Chreanto August, as in Jealous Chreanto! But? I press my ear harder to his door and listen. It's as far as I can go, and if he opens his door, I'll be on the floor.. "Wait, how to do you know about the Perex-Crestfrield rivalry? Oh, Jacob, duh.."

Finally I realize who's he's in love with. Chresanto. That's why he's gay? Then it hits me: Chresanto talked to me to get closer to my brother. It makes sense. I should've known no one'll talk to me for no reason, and at the least of them, Chresanto. I slowly stand up and my legs immediately ache.

All of the words from Savannah's Story that I was going to tell Nathan, have been forgotten. I went to my room before giving it an unneeded search for nothing. I exit my room ironically just as Nathan does, and as hard as I try to ignore him, but he catches me.

"Tell Mom and Dad I'm not going to eat tonight. I'll pass.' He jogs downstairs, and a mere two minutes later comes back with a Snapple and unbranded chips. He smiles, passes me and says a quick "Goodnight, Nadia." It's only six o'clock and I'm bored, so I follow him into his room. I plop on his bed as he scrables trough a drawer with his back facing me. He has yet to notice me.

"Call, Chres.. and," He mutters, thinking aloud. "-Shi-" Nathan jumps and turns around, almost cursing when he sets eyes on me. I look down and smile a little. 

"Nadia, I'll see you tomorrow, I told you I'm not going-" I stop him.

"To dinner. Right. So no McDonalds?" I grab the twenty dollar bill from his dresser and dash down the stairs after escaping his room. As soon as he notices, he's hot on my tail and it's a race and chase game of "get the twenty."

"Nadia, give it back." He laughs. I shake my head and run to my room, slamming the door as I plop on the door. "No." I say, breathlees in my safe haven.

. . .

"I don't think you like me." Jacob says the next day. He Afro is leaning a bit, but he still came over, and I sort of apprecicated it.

"I guess." I say. I read the copy of another dystopian favorite, Pulse. Everyday is a day closer to graduation and prom, but Jaocb still wants to talk to me of all others.