thirty eight

"Miracles happen." - Mocha Cola.

Nadia

. . .

Mom cried, Nathan freaked, and Jacob just smiled. When Lucy ran out of the room to break the news to them and the doctors, all havoc was released. The good kind.

Mom immediately kissed her husband, Nathan bounced up and down and clapped, screaming "Yes!" as he beamed widely, and Jacob came up to me causally, bearing a silent smile that meant "I knew he would make it."

For a moment, it all seemed like unreal. Dad waking up from a long slept coma, Mom's tears (she hardly ever cries), and Nathan showing his feminine side. Jacob seemed to know that Dad was going to wake up, but I didn't contemplate on if he did or not because I was so extremely overjoyed.

"Oh my God. I'm.."

"Speechless." I mumble I'm a dazed tone, finishing with the sentence with a word everyone is feeling.

"Well, I want to speak to my beloveds. Especially to our little addition down there." He twists his face up to entertain Lucy and it works, as she giggles at him.

"Hi! My name is Lucille, but you can call me Lucy. I'm five." She beams triumphantly, showing no nervousness about speaking to our Dad for the first time. As they speak, I take in Dad's features.

Overall, the color has returned to his face and he looks like he's able to breathe without the machine and wires enwrapped all over his body. His lips are chapped from lack of care and constant resting, and the bags are slowly fading away.

He smiles at me and folds his arms. "Now who's my little crier over there?"

I gaze down at the ground, suppressing a smile as he teases me. "Present," I mutter quietly, the smile making its way anyway. I clasp my hands together nervously, squeezing them.

"Aww it's okay, baby girl. I just want you all go know that I feel fine and I think I'll make it through." He nods and Lucy rushes to hug him, barely able to reach her arms over the bed railing.

"Do you mean you are going to make it through?" Jacob corrects, grinning as he does the boy handshake with my father.

"I'm not sure-"

"He's right. You will." Dr. Morgan's voice fills the room as she taps a different pen against her clipboard. She reads off the clipboard, nodding. "From our mistaken miscalculations, we've succumbed the wrong person, and we deeply apologize about that. Your father's body drained the bad blood itself through nosebleeds and constant headaches while he was sleeping.

He's going to be okay to go home by next week, but first were need to perform a couple more tests on him to be exactly sure. For the miscalculations we've made, your medical bill will be all expense paid because our mistake was a treacherous and heart shattering one and it rarely happens, so we want to apologize to the family by paying. You're a lucky bunch!" She winks before exiting.

Ecstatic is the perfect word to describe the atmosphere in the room. Everyone bears a genuine smile and it only grows as Lucy rushes up to Dad saying,

"I love you, Daddy."

. . .

This is all I could get in. About to watch Mockingjay Part 1. Love you guys! And thanks for the support this story has gotten since I last updated. You guys' comments made me cry. Good tears. Yes, cry. -Mocha