CHAPTER 16

After lighting the candles, the whole house was illuminated. It looked very beautiful. 

And as assumed, the ghosts stopped coming to attack.

"Since this thing had worked, now we should sleep. When we get up, we have to collect information about what happened here, " Rose said.

"Well, I know what happened, " Monica said, nervously.

"What! So why didn't you tell us this earlier?" Rose asked.

"It... It is a very sad story and I didn't have enough courage, " Monica said.

"Hmm. Alright tell us now, " Joey demanded.

Monica cleared her throat and began to speak. "When I was small, of Ella and Emma's age, a family lived here. They had twins who looked exactly like these two".

"It was a very happy family but one of the twins, whose name was Cathy, was mentally retarded. She also had a disease in which she probably would not live much.  That's why her mother used to take care of Cathy more than the other named Ruth".

"This made Ruth jealous. Her mother always used to protect Cathy. Ruth didn't knew about her sister's deadly disease".

"One day, Ruth grew so jealous that she pushed Cathy out of the window when they were 14. She immediately regret it and suicided by hanging from the fan, " Monica finished and began to cry.

"Whoever came to live here after them, left this place because of the death of the children, " Monica continued.

"Oh no, it is so sad. I now understand why you didn't wanted to tell us, " Violet said, rubbing Monica's back.

"Now I understand what is happening here, " Rose said thoughtfully. "The spirit here must be of Ruth. She must be feeling so guilty that she became mad and kills every child who lives here. Or if it is of Cathy, she wants revenge for her death. Or it could have been of the mother. Since her two children died, she is seeking revenge from the other mothers who come and live here".

" Yes, I think your theory is right, " Joey agreed. "We have evidence that Ella had tried to jump out of the window a few times. The spirit must have forced her to do so."

"What! It means that my children will die!?" Violet freaked out.

"Violet, do you think that we will let this happen?" Joey smiled.

"Yeah. Have faith in us. We will surely save your daughters. This is such an interesting case". Rose smiled.