CHAPTER 11

"Jacob is not picking up the phone!" Violet cried, who was sitting on the couch in the living room.

"Don't worry Violet, he must be asleep as it is 3 in the morning. You can try again after a few hours. Here, drink this coffee, you will feel good," Monica said, soothingly.

"Thank you!" Violet thanked, smiling weekly.

"I'll go and give the children some coffee," Said Monica and she went over to the other side of the room where the children were sitting close to each other and shaking with fear.

"Here dears, have some coffee," Monica said lovingly. 

"Thank you, Mrs Smith," Ella and Emma thanked her.

"It was a very shocking thing that happened today," Monica admitted. Everyone used to say that your house was haunted including my  children, " 

"My daughters said that they saw a ghost the previous night and I didn't believe them. I am such a fool!" Said Violet.

"No mom, it's fine. No one would have believed us since no one believes in ghosts. I am happy that we all are safe," Emma disagreed. 

"Awww! Come here both of you" Violet spread her hands.

Ella and Emma ran to their mother and hugged her tightly.

"Well, it's very late and we haven't slept for the whole night. Let's get some sleep now," Monica reminded.

“But mom, I don't want to sleep alone. Can we all sleep together, " James pleaded. 

"That's fine. We all will sleep tonight in the living room. Ok?" Monica agreed.

"Thank you, mom!" James sighed relieved. 

It was hard for all of them to fall asleep after what happened tonight. Ella was especially up most of the time. Something was wrong with her. She always felt like she wanted to go and jump out of the window but gradually, she also fell asleep near 5 AM. She was the last one to doze off.

"Mom! Get up! Dad is calling you, " Emma woke up Violet at 8 AM.

"What! Oh yeah. Give me the phone!" Violet exclaimed.

"Hello," Jacob said.

"Oh, Jacob!" Violet began to cry.

"Oh, what happened, dear? Don't cry! I am here. Tell me what happened. You called me like fifty times last night, " Jacob said, alarmed.

Violet told her everything that had happened.

"You have to come here Jacob, please. Help us, " Violet cried. "And I am so sorry that I talked very harshly to you the other night. I love you, Jacob! I love you so much. And I know your no affair is going on. Just come to me".

"Woah Woah! You don't have to be sorry. I know it's partly my fault too. And I'll be there in two hours. I am leaving right away, " Jacob said.