CHAPTER 10

The door slowly opened and to their relief, it was Monica.

"Mom!" Jack, James and Rachel ran to her.

"I got a call from Rachel's phone and when I picked it up, no one answered. I just heard a few screams so I rushed here. Are you all ok? You all seem to be frightened to death!" Monica replied.

"How did you open the locked door?" Jack asked.

"With this," Monica showed him the hair pin she held in he hand and smirked.

"Oh, Monica! We have to get out of here now!" Violet yelled.

All the children along with Violet hurried to get out of the house. Monica was just behind them.

"What happened? Tell me something! Why are you running out of the house?” Monica asked.

"We will tell you that on our way to your home" Violet replied.

As they stepped out of the house, the front door slammed shut on its own.

They all were astounded and they turned to face the door.

"Where is Ella?" Emma asked.

"OMG! Ella is stuck inside!" Violet said horrified.

"We have to break open this door, get aside," said Jack. "I and James have done this a couple of times".

James and Jack tried to push open the door by running towards it but they were incapable of doing so.

"Ahhhhhh" Ella screamed from inside the house.

"Mom! We can go through the back door!" Emma suddenly remembered.

They all ran towards the back door and luckily, the door was not locked. 

They all went inside and began to search for Ella.

"Ella! Ella!" They continued to scream, but there was no response. 

"We have looked everywhere and she is nowhere to be found" Violet began to cry.

"But we haven't checked the attic," Rachel said.

When they entered the attic, Ella was standing near the window and she was about to jump.

Jack and Emma ran towards her and held her tightly.

"Ella! What do you think you were doing!?" Violet yelled?

It looked as if Ella was under someone's control. Emma shook her very hard and then she came into the real world 

"Where am I?" Ella asked dreamily.

"You are in the attic and you were about to jump from the window," Rachel said.

"What?" Ella now came into her senses.

"Why were you left behind when we all were getting out of the house?" Violet asked.

"I don't know. I felt as if someone was pulling me and then... I can't remember anything after that" Ella blurted.

"Let's get out of here," Violet said and they all went to Monica's house. 

"I am calling Jacob," Violet said as they all settled inside Monica's house.