CHAPTER 15

It was 11:45 PM. Almost all the lights of the neighbouring houses are off. Everyone knew that something was going to happen tonight.

They all were sitting in the living room on the couch. It was very congested. Sitting together on that couch. But it made them feel safe.

* Tick Tock Tick Tock *

The tension was increasing in everyone's mind.

As the clock strikes 12, the lights went out. It was dark all around. The shadows were magnified to look like giants, ghosts and every possible horror thing.

"I am thirsty!" Ella cried.

"But should we get up right now? I think it is too dangerous, " Jacob asked.

"But we can't keep her thirsty. Right?" Me and um... Monica will go to the kitchen and bring a jug full of water. You wait here with Rose, " Joey said thoughtfully.

Monica and Joey slowly walked towards the kitchen.

Joey switched on his mobile's torchlight and projected it upon the RO so that Monica could fill it properly.

They both went back to the room. Monica kept the jug on the centre table and suddenly, someone grabbed her hair and pulled her upwards.

"Ahhhhhhh!" She screamed.

Joey immediately grabbed her ankle.

She was crying in pain. Blood coming from her arm as if someone had burnt it.

Rose held her arms and tried to pull her down along with Joey, and they were successful.

Shortly, the umbrella stand kept on the stairs fell down.

All the heads turned its direction. A ghost was standing there.

And suddenly, they heard the door of the nearby room open. A ghost was standing there also. When they turned back to the stairs, it had disappeared.

"Ahhhhh! What is that?" Emma screamed, pointing at the floor just in front of them. A pair of eyes we're shining there.

Joey projected his torchlight over it and it disappeared.

"So this one is scared of light, " Rose said.

"We have to keep this house illuminated. It will help a little, " Joey said. "Do you have any candles?"

"Yeah. They are kept in the drawer in the kitchen, " Violet replied.

"Ok. I will quickly go and bring them. Some of you help me by keeping the torchlight over me and the other around this room" Joey said.

He got up and broke into a sprint. He came back safely. They lighted the candles and began to keep it around the room.

 They lighted the candles and began to keep it around the room