12- AA Sailing

Copyright © designschool 2020

All Rights Reserved

     "Let's make sugar cookies to take to the guys today!" Caroline announced. "I promised Mason I'd make my mom's special recipe when he gave me the mixer."

     "Sounds fun to me. We've got plenty of time before meeting them."

     "Lexi, we're making sugar cookies if you want to join," Caroline offered as her roommate leaned against the kitchen counter with a cup of coffee.

     "Wouldn't want to miss out on that. Jill raves about your mom's sugar cookies," Lexi grins.

~~~

     Chris opened the door to find Caroline and Stephanie. Caroline watched the two in amusement. Their chemistry was evident as they slyly looked at each other trying not to grin too much.

     "Where's Mason?" Caroline asked while scanning the living areas.

     Chris motioned to the back patio and Caroline's eyes followed to see Mason speaking on the phone and looking a bit serious. She couldn't take her eyes off of him. He really was a good looking man, and his board shorts and fitted grey rash guard emphasized his toned physique.

     "Is everything okay?" Caroline asked Chris while walking further into the living room. Chris shrugged, and clearly didn't know or wasn't offering answers.

     Looking up, Mason noticed Caroline; his mouth turned up and he watched her for a minute before ending his call. As he walked inside, he immediately went to Caroline and pulled her into a tight hug.

     When he didn't release her, she pulled back a bit in embarrassment and surprise, noticing Chris and Stephanie sitting on the sofa watching them. "What was that for?" she whispered. "Not that it wasn't nice."

     "I'm just happy and content," he said, pulling her back and kissing her on the top of the head.

     The spot where he kissed seemed to radiate warmth and Caroline was momentarily dazed by his show of affection. Finally coming to her senses she remembered what she was thinking before he hugged her. "You seemed concerned about something when you were on the phone just now. Is everything okay?"

     "It is now. I had to talk to my mom about some things. It's all good."

     "Okay," Caroline said as she leaned back and searched his face. "So, we're ready for our sailing experience," she smiled.

~~~

     The Clark's Hill Lake parking lot around the boat ramp was packed, which was not surprising with the perfect weather. The guys had brought two small one to two person sailboats, and after going over the basic parts and instructions, they took out one of the boats to show Caroline and Stephanie how to sail as a two person team. Afterwards Mason and Chris pulled the boats into the water and helped the girls in. Mason took Caroline on his boat and Chris took Stephanie on his, and they began demonstrating the techniques they had discussed on the drive over.

     "Okay. So right now we're tacking? Going into the wind?" Caroline asked?

     "Yep. Watch out for the boom," Mason called out as he grabbed Caroline and pulled her down, causing Caroline to break into laughter as they both collapsed into the center of the boat.

     "I promise I'll figure this out!" Caroline grinned trying to shift back to the side of the boat.

     After a little more than an hour both of the girls were starting to figure things out.