Chapter 14: Sacred Scathing

"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."

-Sun Tzu

==Chapter Start==

Sans: "So where are we taking this fight?"

Rias: "Outside of the ORC. We'll put a barrier, so nobody sees or gets harmed while the battle is going on."

Sans: "Cool."

Scene Change

Sans: "Remember, this is a friendly spar. No killing, no harming the other too much where it would leave them close to death or crippled, and no perverted thoughts okay Issei?"

Issei: He looked at him, a smug face plastered on. "What are you going to do about it?

Sans: "You know what I mean, kiddo. Just make sure to remember how to use those tricks I taught you, okay?"

Issei: "Yeah! I'm no longer that scrawny-ass punk I was before! This time, I'll show you how much ass I can kick!"

Sans: "If both you girls manage to beat your opponents, you'll be sparring against me. Cause the author wants me to be relative."

I mean, this story is about you.

Exactly.

Rias: "Alright, now who is to fight against who?"

Irina: "I want to fight against Issei! I want to see how strong my friend got after being away for so long!"

Kiba: "And I will fight you."

Xenovia is glaring at him.

Xenovia: "Don't cry if the pain is too much for someone like you to handle."

Okay, now with that out of the way, let the fight... commence!"

==Third Person POV==

Kiba stepped forward, laughing as he saw Xenovia wield her holy sword. This confused her greatly, seeing as a cut could kill a devil, touching a devil making them go through ungodly pain.

Xenovia: "Why do you laugh? Aren't you afraid of death lingering near you?"

Kiba: "It's not that. It's just, after all these years, the one thing that's caused me so much pain is finally in front of my very eyes, ready to be destroyed."

Swords burst from the ground, breaking through the Earth as Xenovia recognized what he did.

Xenovia: "Sword Birth? I remember now. During the Holy Sword project, there was one subject who was facing disposal managed to escape."

---

Irina: "Issei it's totally you!"

Issei: "I'm pretty sure we established that, yeah!"

Irina started to tear up a little, looking at Issei while maintaining the same cheerful tone of voice, with a hint of sadness inside.

Irina: "I feel like fate is making fun of me right now! The friend I grew up with has turned into a devil, why is this happening?!"