venit omittere | 2.3.0

Seokjin felt blind, despite his vision being in excellent condition. 

He felt as if he was submerged in water, able to breathe, but not being able to process everything going on around him. He felt far away despite being right there. He ached to feel his limbs moving, running to untie Namjoon, something that he had done to him. He wanted to erase the pain that was etched into Jungkook's face. He wanted to wrap his fingers around Taehyung and strangle him.

"Green eyes." He heard Jungkook whisper, his voice shaking much more than intended."Jin's gone."

Seokjin truly was.

He saw the other's expressions lace in confusion. He couldn't blame them. They didn't know of all the government did to their people. His eyes flickered towards Namjoon's for a second, the younger looking at him with tears in his eyes, seething with rage and hatred. And yet, he couldn't be the least bit bothered over it.

"Mm, so you did pay attention in class Jungkook." Taehyung said."Green. The color of betrayal. I'm surprised though. No one realized that Jin was slowly losing himself throughout the month. No one did anything. Not that there could be something done, but you guys genuinely thought he wasn't conspiring with me. Cute."

"Jin, why didn't you say anything?" Jungkook asked in disbelief. Jin's eyes briefly looked at Taehyung's. Upon seeing his nod, Jin spoke.

"Yoongi's recovery was more important than me." he replied stoically."It didn't matter to me whether I became controlled fully by Taehyung. I couldn't have Namjoon worrying over me. I know him. He would have abandoned everything just to figure out how to help me. I couldn't let that happen. I'm sorry."

Yoongi's eyes flashed with pain and guilt. He couldn't help but feel like he was partially responsible for Jin's current condition. Although he didn't know much about the government, he did know that green eyes were given to traitors and that it caused the loss of will. He also knew there was no confirmed way to get rid of them. Not even the death of the person who gave them the green eyes.

"So this is what's going to happen." Taehyung's cold, emotionless eyes stared straight at Yoongi's."You're giving me those twins and Jungkook. That's all I'm asking for. Then, I'll let you all live your lives."

"No. I don't want to go with you." Jungkook sneered, Yoongi restraining him further."I will not go back to you. You killed my whole family, you psycho!"

"You can go with them if you want." Taehyung shrugged."I could care less. The country distrusts your family, Jeon. After the stunt Aaliyah pulled, they're on my side. They're starting to suspect that you left on your accord. That you abandoned your duties and are a part of the rebel cause, which technically you are right? Because you're living here and mingling yourselves with the rejects of society."

"Excuse me, did you just call us rejects?" Jimin sputtered.

"Isn't that what you guys are?" Taehyung cocked his head to the side."At least, that's what I got from what Seokjin told me. They've been hiding people here every year. The cast outs, the runaways, the ones that would've been permanently ended. Rejects of society. The anomalies. Rejects. People like that don't deserve to be here. And yet, you guys live. Why is that? You don't deserve to."

Before anyone could react, Jimin lunged at Taehyung, throwing him onto the floor. Jungkook pulled away from Yoongi, his first instinct to immediately run towards Jimin. Yoongi's eyes locked with Hoseok's momentarily, exchanging looks. In an instant, Hoseok was by Seokjin's side, keeping him restrained. Yoongi rushed to untie Namjoon, hissing in pain as the rope he kept untying began burning his skin.

"Say that again, you asshole." Jimin spat as Jungkook managed to get him off of Taehyung. Taehyung merely sat up, blood running down his lower lip. He touched the blood, looking at it curiously before standing up."Say it again and I will be the one to end you."