venit omittere | 2.2.9

Taehyung stood in front of Aaliyah's grave, his hands shaking as he read the letter over and over again, with each read his emotions numbing more and more. He could feel his feelings slipping away from him, something that had immediately started after his love lay on the pavement. He had buried her where her grave had already laid, making sure that she was laid next to her parents. He had changed her outfit, slipping her into an ivory-colored dress, her hair falling below her chest. Even in death, she was still the most beautiful person Taehyung had ever seen.

Taehyung,

If you're reading this, then I failed. I failed in killing you which means I am now officially six feet under the ground. For real this time. Don't take it personally Taehyung. I didn't feel like I could just forgive everything you did and complete our Perfect Match binding. I would have liked to if I'm being honest. But I couldn't let you get away with killing my parents. I'm sorry. Again.

I know you've always loved me. I remember the first time I realized you loved me. I was with your sister at the time, she was fourteen, you were twelve, and I had just turned thirteen. You gave me a rose that day, desperately trying to get me away from your sister. Miyeon had gotten annoyed at your constant badgering, but I had found it cute. I accepted your rose, and I remember you had the biggest smile on your face when I took it. You watched as I put it in a vase in my room, taking care of it until it withered away. That day, you told me that I was the only one for you, that it was only a matter of time until I fell in love with you. Miyeon looked just about ready to punch you when you said that proclamation. Unfortunately for her, you were right.

The look on your face when we first got matched is an expression I could never get off of my mind. Your eyes widened, sparkling wide and flooding with happiness. Your smile just as wide, if not bigger. I laughed at your reaction while Miyeon was fuming. I was secretly dating her at the time and she didn't like the fact that now her little brother had the one person she loved the most. I never got to thank you for saving me that day. If you hadn't been there, who knows what could have happened?

I've never hated you. I could never hate you. Hate is too strong of a word for me to use to describe what I feel for you. You hurt me a lot, but I also hurt you. Maybe that's just the way things were meant to be.

If I told you I loved you, I meant it. Yeah, you kidnapped me and all but I enjoyed spending time with you. The way you cared for me these past couple of weeks (i don't know i lost track of time) reminded me of the kid that first gave me that rose. I think I would have loved to pursue something with you. I know I was barren and all but I would have wanted a child with you. I would have named her Maedeline. I've always loved that name.

I'm sorry for trying to kill you all those years ago as well. I know it wasn't your fault Miyeon died but I was hurt and wanted to make sure you hurt with me. Taehyung, please stop whatever you're doing. All it's doing is hurting people. You're hurting Jungkook. You hurt me. It's not too late. I know that Jungkook would forgive you eventually. He would give you a second chance. Out of the both of us he was the most forgiving, the most sympathetic one.

Now that I'm dead, I guess you're losing your emotions. Don't do anything rash. As much as I would love to see you on the other side, it shouldn't be your time yet. Don't be dumb. Enjoy life for me, alright? I'll see you on the other side, in the future. Take care.

I love you!

— Jeon Aaliyah

p.s I also don't blame you for killing me. I knew it probably would have happened regardless. I guess you won in the end, Kim Taehyung.

Taehyung folded the note, tucking it neatly into his pocket, before walking back into the house. Everything was calm now as far as he could tell. The only thing that was changing was his world, becoming bleaker by the second. The mark on him was fading into gray, the only reminder of how much he loved Jeon Aaliyah. He watched himself in the mirror, his eyes losing the sparkle Aaliyah had mentioned, fading into nothing.