initium finis | 1.2.8

To say Seoul was in chaos would be an understatement.

All around Namjoon workers were running frantically trying to figure out what was happening. The President's right arm man, Kim Taehyung looked furious beyond measure. He looked outside the windows, seeing the endless reporters crowding around the President's house. 

"What's going on?" Namjoon approached him, feigning confusion. He turned to Namjoon, eyes blazing, mouth in a thin line. He breathed in deeply before he said,

"Have you not seen the news lately Namjoon?" he motioned to the press."A video was released. It showed Min Yoongi and Jung Hoseok, alive."

"Alive?" Namjoon echoed."But didn't you confirm their deaths in the accident?" 

"We never found the bodies." he muttered, looking at Namjoon in the eyes."I didn't disclose that information with you because I didn't want you to panic."

Lies.

"The city's been turned outside down." Taehyung turned back to the window."I'll have to make a statement soon. Explain the contents of the video and make sure that the public calms down. It should be easy, no?"

Namjoon nodded slowly, putting on a pensive face."Well, it's just a video. You could say that it had been recorded when they were still alive and that after that video they started feeling unwell."

Taehyung's eyes lit up, some of the tense he was carrying released from his shoulders."You're right. After all, they haven't been spotted in public. They haven't come out themselves and stated they're both healthy. Thank you Namjoon. You are indeed a lifesaver."

Namjoon nodded."Of course."

"Go get Jin." he instructed."He should be with Jungkook." He paused."Poor kid. I could tell he really liked Yoongi and Hoseok. Jin went to go comfort him. Go, and bring him to me. Jin and I need to talk to the press outside."

With that, Namjoon walked towards the direction of Jungkook's room, the weight of Taehyung's words burdening me. Namjoon reanalyzed our conversation, his guarded tone, his excuse, his dependency on Jin. 

He doesn't trust Namjoon. Not one bit.

Namjoon was not the least bit surprised. Given the circumstances and previous disappearances, there was no doubt in his mind that Taehyung was suspicious of him. The only thing that meant is that now Namjoon had to be extra careful with everything that he did. If Taehyung were to find out everything he had participated and helped orchestrate, he would have Namjoon's head publicly sliced off in front of Korea.

At least he didn't suspect Jin of anything. Not yet at least.

Namjoon slowly opened Jungkook's door. Both Jin and Jungkook looked up, smiles blossoming in both of their faces. He closed the door, locking it before anyone spoke.

"Namjoon! Have you seen the news yet?" Jungkook asked eagerly."It's a video of Yoongi and Hoseok!"

"I heard." Namjoon looked pointedly at Jin.

"They must be alive then." Jungkook sighed in relief."That's good. I thought they were dead."

"Well, Jungkook there's no proof that they are indeed alive. Taehyung reported them dead." Jin reminded him. The expression on Jungkook's face soured and he pulled himself away from Jin. Namjoon smiled sadly at Jungkook.

"Well, you never know Jungkook." Namjoon said."Maybe we'll know for sure later." Jin raised his eyebrow in warning."For now, they're both known as deceased. They don't exist anymore."

"It doesn't make sense though!" he said frustratedly."What's the difference between two males being paired together by the Perfect Match system and a male and a female? It's not like that hasn't happened before with—"