initium finis | 1.2.6

Yoongi's mark wasn't glowing.

It wasn't glowing. 

How?

Even through the clothes Hoseok had on, he could see the faint glow of his mark. It stood out as if it were a bruise, a bruise Hoseok couldn't get rid of. It was definitely affecting him.

So why wasn't it affecting Yoongi?

Hoseok stood there bewildered. Yoongi's expression remained stoic as he gazed coolly at Jimin, whose face was flushed with relief and embarrassment. His eyes sang from happiness, a small smile in his face. His boyfriend hadn't kissed his perfect match after all.

At least that's what he believed.

Jimin turned to Hoseok. "I'm sorry I doubted you. I'll trust you more from now on I promise."

Hoseok smiled back at him, masking his face to hide his uncertainty. Yoongi's bracelet rang.

"Reminder: Meet Ruby.

"I have to go. Ruby's showing me my new room and after that, I'll go start my training." Yoongi put his shirt back on."Nice talking to you both. I'll see you after my training."

"Wait, let me go with you." Hoseok said."I'll see you off."

"Jimin?" Yoongi asked. Jimin shrugged, worries gone from his face.

"Go for it. I don't have anything to worry about anyhow right?" he smiled again, before leaning to kiss Hoseok on the cheek."I'll see you soon. You still owe me a date."

With that, he left the room, leaving Yoongi and Hoseok alone. As soon as Jimin was out of ear range Hoseok turned to Yoongi.

"What the hell was that?"

"What the hell was what?" he questioned, staring at Hoseok with an unwavering expression on his face.

"You know...that." he gestured towards Yoongi's chest."And Jimin. What was that?"

"Let's talk on the way." Yoongi turned towards the hallway. Hoseok chased after him.

"How'd you do that?"

"It should be glowing right?" Yoongi hummed."Is it glowing for you? I'm sure it is. I bet you're surprised."

He stopped for a bit, his eyes landing squarely on Hoseok's chest. He nodded once before beginning to walk. 

"I can see it. Your glow. It's brighter than I thought it was going to be. You can see it if you look hard enough."

"But why isn't yours glowing? That's—"

"Weird? Not right? Yeah, I'm aware." he paused, a thoughtful expression on his face. Finally, he said, "Mine does glow. I just have it suppressed. My glow was too strong. It was almost blinding. Yours was too. But because mine is suppressed your glow isn't as strong."

"How'd you do it?"

"I was with Ruby. She told me that there was a substance that I could take. Of course, nothing comes without repercussions." Yoongi responded."Using it dampens my connection to you. It doesn't stop your connection to me though."

"Doesn't that mean that you would be losing your feelings?"

When the mark was first placed in a pair of perfect matches, the mark took away all voluntary emotions that said pair could have. Once activated, the mark served as the keeper of the emotions, tying each person together so that they couldn't feel emotions on their own. 

In other words, without the mark, you cannot have emotions.

"Well, I don't think it's too obvious right?" he offered a small smile."Although, now that I'm on it, I have to take it every week. If I don't, everything that the mark suppresses will resurface at a much more aggressive level. We don't want that do we?"