initium finis | 1.2.0

"Something's bothering you."

Jimin's voice broke through Hoseok's concentration. Turning to the sound of his voice, Hoseok let his guard down for a second, enough for the simulation he was running to attack him. Luckily, Hoseok managed to duck just in time. Unluckily, he was unable to suppress the loud groan that escaped his lips at being interrupted.

"Baby."

Hoseok gritted his teeth, not looking in Jimin's direction. "Jimin, I'm training right now."

"Not anymore." With the click of a button, the simulation disappeared. The glass doors opened and a very concerned Jimin strolled in with water and towels.

Hoseok fell to his knees, his fatigue finally setting in after the simulation was turned off. He felt the cool rag on his face as Jimin gently wiped the sweat away.

"Here have some water." Jimin whispered gently. "It isn't good for you to be dehydrated."

Hoseok smiled gratefully, taking the water bottle and drank most of it in one go.

"How long have you been stuck in the simulation?" Jimin asked. Hoseok pursed his lips, not answering him."Hoseok?"

"Not long enough."

"Baby, it's almost seven at night." Jimin frowned, massaging Hoseok's shoulders. "You've been here for hours. What's wrong?"

Hoseok looked up to meet Jimin's worried eyes, his face assessing the older's. A small frown tugged at his lips. Hoseok's heart clenched at his expression. It hurt him to see Jimin taking so much care, focusing his attention solely on him when he could be doing other things.

"Don't look at me like that." Hoseok said, voice coming out strangled as if someone was choking him.

"You haven't told me how the meeting with Namjoon went," Jimin set down the towels."Is that what's bothering you?"

When Hoseok didn't respond, the worried expression disappeared from his face and was replaced with one of anger and confusion. He leaned closer, cupping Hoseok's face with his hands.

"Hoseok?" He whispered."You can tell me. I can handle it."

Hoseok bit his lip, casting his gaze downwards. "I have a date today. With Yoongi."

"What?" His lips parted in surprise. Jimin stared at Hoseok silently, his jaw clenched. "Do you have to?"

"Yes," Hoseok responded."Namjoon's orders. I'm supposed to get an alert soon. I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault," Jimin responded gently, his hands leaving Hoseok's face. He scooted closer, wrapping his arms around Hoseok and pulling the older to him. Hoseok relaxed into his embrace and returned it, his mind becoming more tranquil.

Hoseok's head automatically rested on his shoulder. Jimin ran his fingers through Hoseok's hair absentmindedly, not caring that Hoseok was drenched in sweat. Hoseok's lips slowly spread into a smile.

The room settled into a comfortable silence. It was just the two of them locked in a warm embrace, nothing to disturb them or any eyes inflicting judgement on them. It felt nice knowing that Hoseok had someone that he cherished with him.

It felt good.

"I love you," Hoseok mumbled, his voice muffled because of Jimin's shirt. Jimin smiled, before turning into a fit of giggles.

"Hobi, I already knew that," Jimin responded."And you already know my response to that."

Hoseok pulled away from Jimin's embrace, his eyebrow raising. Jimin's eyes were sparkling, the smile on his face a radiant white. Hoseok grabbed his hand, bringing it up to his lips, before kissing it.