venit omittere | 2.2.7

Namjoon could do nothing but look helplessly at Jungkook as the gun pressed against Ruby's temple. Jungkook stood frozen, his eyes trained on the screen, feeling as if something was suffocating him. Jimin stood next to him, his own eyes anguished with pain. Namjoon felt Seokjin interlace his fingers with him, giving it a light squeeze. He looked scared, Namjoon could see it. Hoseok watched the ordeal silently, expression indifferent.

"This is what happens to traitors of the Republic."

"NO!" Jungkook screamed, looking at Ruby's body crumpling to the pavement."Aaliyah!"

Namjoon watched as Jungkook fell to the floor, Jimin immediately falling with him. He watched as Jimin wrapped his arms around Jungkook's sobbing frame, his own eyes streaming with tears. All-around them people were crying. It made sense. Ruby played an important part in their lives. She had been here, helping them, nurturing them, leading them in place of Namjoon and Seokjin's absence.

Now she's gone. Gone for good this time.

Jungkook's expression was a haunted one. He was shaking all over as the tears continued to fall. It was all over again. He had witnessed his parent's death. Now here he was, witnessing his sister's death. He had just gotten her back. They had fixed their broken relationship. He was just getting used to having someone around again, only for it to be taken by the same man that had taken away his parents.

Kim Taehyung.

He couldn't understand Taehyung's logic. He could probably understand killing his parents, but his Perfect Match? There had been many instances where Jungkook would see Taehyung crying because of Aaliyah. He knew Taehyung cared more about Aaliyah than anyone in the world, even himself. So how could Taehyung easily order her death? He should know the consequences of losing his Perfect Match. Taehyung would lose all his emotions, his consciousness, everything. Yet, he had still ordered the trigger to be pulled.

"It will be okay Jungkook." Namjoon kneeled in front of him. Seokjin did the same thing, his face streaked with tears. Hoseok was the only one who hadn't cried, but it was reasonable. Hoseok was detached from his emotions. He couldn't feel the pain he would feel once Yoongi woke up and their mark was activated once more.

"I just got her back." Jungkook whispered."I had her with me. Now she's dead. Why does Taehyung have to kill my family? He killed my parents and now he killed the only remaining direct family I had. This isn't fair."

"We'll make him pay." Hoseok reassured Jungkook."We aren't letting this slide. Ruby was one of the most important people here. Her death is affecting everyone here. And when Yoongi wakes up, it'll hurt him too. We're going to make him pay. I assure you."

"We loved her. She was part of our family, Jungkook." Jimin said soothingly, holding him tighter."We won't forget her."

They all surrounded Jungkook, locking each other in a tight embrace, separating themselves from the world.

Yoongi walked aimlessly on the seemingly endless plain. He didn't know why he was here. One minute, everything was dark. Now, there was light everywhere, making him wince at the intensity of it. He could hear the birds chirping around him, the breeze swaying the wildflowers. Looking down, he realized he was dressed in all white, matching the color his hair currently had. He noticed a figure standing far away from him, one that was sitting down and looking plainly at the horizons. He edged closer to the figure, taking a seat next to her. Her brown hair was flowing with the wind and as he sat down she smiled at him, Yoongi's eyes widening in recognition.

"Ruby."

She smiled at him once more. She was also wearing a white dress, although hers was covered with flowers. She had a corona on her head, and she looked content.