initium finis | 1.1.6

Jungkook dug his heel into the shoulder of Yoongi's mother, pushing her down onto the ground. Anger flared in Yoongi, and he took a step forward almost taking another one before Hoseok pulled him back, as if in warning. Yoongi's jaw clenched as he saw the way that the President was treating her.

"The lovely Rhea here was planning on assassinating my entire staff, including myself," He said, "Fortunately, we were able to figure out their plans in time. After their deaths, the rebel cause will be no more."

Hoseok tugged on Yoongi's sleeve, motioning for Yoongi to follow him. Taking one last look at his parents, Yoongi followed Hoseok out of the crowd.

"We know that there is one among you right now planning on assassinating me at this moment."

Yoongi felt Hoseok stiffen beside him at the mention of those words.

"That's right. One among you is planning on assassinating me," he spoke loudly, "and if you don't come out right this minute, my men will be forced to shoot the crowd until every single one is dead."

"Yoongi, Hoseok! Get out of there!" the person in Yoongi's earpiece yelled. "We can't have you two dying."

"But the innocents..." Yoongi mumbled, watching all their expressions morphing into worry. "We can't let them die."

"They're not your concern." they replied, "You two staying alive is. In about a minute, we'll have rescued Jimin and made it impossible for them to find anyone."

"Yoongi, come on." Hoseok whispered, "we have to go."

Yoongi shook his head. "I can't have these innocents dying."

Releasing himself out of Hoseok's grip, Yoongi sprinted towards the crowds, pushing his way to the front. Yoongi heard Hoseok calling his name, but he ignored it, moving forward.

I can't let these people die because of me.

"That's fine. If no one wants to own up, I guess you'll all have to die." Jungkook shrugged. "Soldiers-"

"Stop!" Yoongi yelled as he finally made his way to the front. "It's me. I was going to kill you."

Immediately a pair of hands grabbed him and forced him forward, throwing Yoongi in front of his parents. His mother's eyes widen at seeing Yoongi, her face paled considerably, lower lip beginning to tremble. Yoongi's father looked at him with sad eyes, a dejected expression on his face. Yoongi's eyes flickered towards Jimin's cold ones, his eyebrow raised at the decision. His face looked troubled as if he was trying to decipher why Yoongi would risk himself the way he did.

Jungkook looked at Yoongi with an amused expression on his face. He stood up only for the guards to step forward menacingly. Jungkook held up his hand to stop the guards from closing in on Yoongi. He walked towards Yoongi, who held his stance, staring at him directly in the eyes. His eyes burned with malice, lips turned upwards in a smirk. Yoongi's hands wrapped around his gun.

"Let me show you what happens to people who try to go against me," Jungkook said, showing the gun that was hidden by his robes.

But Yoongi was prepared.

Without hesitation, Yoongi took his gun and pulled the trigger. Out of the corner of his eyes, he sees Hoseok pulling Jimin to safety. Jungkook staggered back at the impact, Yoongi providing him with no mercy. He fired his gun once more. Then again, and again, and again, and again, until hands forced the gun out of Yoongi's hand. In seconds, Yoongi fell to the floor, feeling pain hit him in arms.

Then the sound of an explosion turned everything into a bright white light. Yoongi shut his eyes as he felt the arms that were holding him captive let go. When Yoongi opened his eyes again, he found himself in a grey, windowless room. The door opened, revealing a man in his twenties, whose silver hair covered his eyes.