venit omittere | 2.2.8

Start from the beginning

Jimin couldn't fully grasp that Ruby was completely gone. He remembered when she first came into the compound, confused, scared, but relieved all the same. He was the first one to introduce himself to her and he and Hoseok had shown her around before helping her to fully adjust to her new life. At the time, the number of runaways had gone down so having new people being integrated into their life was a big deal. Jimin and Hoseok had been with Ruby every step of the way, and she had made herself a big part of their lives. They depended on each other a lot, coordinated with each other. To have her gone, just like that, was surreal. He had never lost anyone that close to him like that before, he didn't know how to process it. Not even his developments could aid him in the process of grief.

Now that Ruby was fully out of the picture, Jimin knew how much more dangerous their situation had become. Taehyung and Ruby were a Perfect Match, meaning that now that Ruby was gone, Taehyung would lose all of his emotions and consciousness. The things that helped keep him at bay would no longer be there. Now, Taehyung would no longer feel guilt and do things that he wants to do, regardless if it hurts people or not. The thought of that frightened Jimin over anything. 

It only took about twenty-four hours for the Perfect Match mark to deactivate itself after a passing, taking every strand of emotion with them. He took a look around the room, locking eyes with Hoseok who seemed to be just as conflicted as he was. Jimin gave a slight nod, motioning for Hoseok to step out of the room. Hoseok, noticing the nod, stood up, smiling at Yoongi. He whispered something in Yoongi's ear before kissing him on the cheek.

"We'll be back." Hoseok smiled."Feel free to sit Jungkook."

"Where are you two going?" Jungkook asked, curiosity lighting in his expression. Jimin smiled hastily at Jungkook.

"Oh don't mind us. We just need to follow up on some things." Jimin responded, casually."It won't take long, I promise."

Jungkook nodded, his attention zoning back on Aaliyah, who upon the realization that attention was no longer on her, began to squirm in his hold. Jimin chuckled softly at the action of the baby, before walking out with Hoseok. As soon as the door closed, Hoseok pointed to the end of the hallway. Jimin nodded, both of them walking at a quick pace to Namjoon's room, where he no doubt was with Seokjin. As they neared closer, they could hear a heated conversation coming from there. Hoseok raised an eyebrow. Were Seokjin and Namjoon fighting?

The thought wasn't too far off. After Namjoon and Seokjin had retreated to Namjoon's room, Namjoon turned towards Jin, a conflicted expression in his face. Seokjin cocked his head to the side, looking at Namjoon in mild confusion. Namjoon stayed silent for a few moments, before finally looking at Jin.

"You've been distancing yourself." he stated briefly."I can feel it. Why?"

"Namjoon, it's nothing." Jin replied."You're just overreacting."

"Am I?" Namjoon raised an eyebrow."You know, a few hours ago, I talked with Aaliyah. She was at the Jeon home, and she was about to make her debut with Taehyung."

"Which didn't happen." Jin exasperated."We all saw it. He pretty much killed her. Her body has probably been taken away at this point, probably to be cremated or something."

Namjoon shook his head."That's not what I'm talking about."

"If you talked to her, why didn't you stop her from attempting to kill Taehyung?" Jin realized, starting to feel anger."You could have helped avoid all of this if you had managed to convince Aaliyah not to pull the trigger. She used your gun. I can recognize that weapon anywhere. Did you give it to her? Direct her where to get it?"

"I told her not to." Namjoon snapped."It is not my fault that she decided not to listen to me. Since when does that have to do with me. In any case, we aren't discussing the causes of Aaliyah's death. She made her choices, no matter how stubborn and dumb they may have been. That is beyond me. What I want to talk about was something she told me." Namjoon walked closer to Jin."See, when she communicated with me, she asked me about Yoongi. What was interesting about it was that she didn't ask me if he was alive. She asked me his current state."