*Chapter 14*

"Caroline" Namjoon got closer to us and called Miss Hamilton coldly, clearly waiting for her to give him his place back.

"Namjoon, darling!" Miss Hamilton jumped out of the chair and embraced Namjoon. "I haven't seen you in ages. I missed you! How are you doing?"

My mouth was wide open, I had never seen anyone approaching Namjoon like this. Not even Jin or Suga. By the look on his face, this woman had a death wish.

"I am doing fine, Caroline." Namjoon answered, clearly trying to maintain a polite tone. "Now, if you don't mind, I would like to return to my seat. And I think you should return to yours. Speeches are about to start."

"Of course, my dear." She gave him room to sit back next to me, but while doing so she deposited a kiss on Namjoon's kiss before leaving. "See you soon"

I thought about asking what was wrong or doing any witty comment on him being the one flirting, but by sensing Namjoon's aura I decided to keep my mouth shut and keep on living.

_____

It had been two days since the gala. After the incident with Miss Hamilton, Namjoon was off the rest of the night. We left right after the speeches and spent the drive home in silence. Just when I was leaving the car Namjoon said "We still have unfinished business, but we will have to talk about it at another time."

When the paparazzi photos of the gala started going viral online I just felt like living in two worlds at the same time. In everyone's eyes me and Namjoon were this perfect couple, but in reality I was staring at my phone waiting for him to text or call during the entire two days off.

It was usual for me to be excited to get back to work on a Monday, but I never thought the reason would be to see Namjoon. After everything that happened in the Gala I was more confused than ever about our relationship. And I was worried about him.

I had to confront him. I needed to clear my head.

At 9 am sharp I was entering the building with my red pant-suit. I knew he would probably be hiding in his office until our staff meeting at 11 am, so I decided to take the lift and went directly to his door.

I was almost crushed by Jin when he was leaving Namjoon's office.

"Morning!" Jin smiled "Let's have lunch today?"

I nodded "Sure! We can go right after the staff meeting"

When I entered Namjoon's office he was sitting at his desk. He had taken off his blazer and his t-shirt sleeves were rolled up. I felt a shiver on the back of my neck, where his hand had press while he kissed me.

"Can I?" I asked softly.

He looked up, away from his papers. More shivers.

"Sure. Please close the door behind you." He got up, so I decided to just stand in the middle of the room.

"What can I do for you today, Amanda?"

I gulped, this was not going well. But I was not going to show any weakness.

"I think we need to talk about what happened at the gala" I said, trying to sound as secure as possible. He started going around his desk and was now standing against it.

"About what part?"

He was testing my patience, but he should know me better by now.

I face him straight "I want to know what your relationship is with Miss Hamilton." and I added bluntly. "And I want to know why you kissed me."

Namjoon gave me a wicked smile. "Why? Are you jealous?"

"No!" Why was he enjoying this? "Can you answer me?"

"About me and Caroline, you don't have to worry about it." He started walking in my direction "About the kiss, I did it because I wanted to."

He was now so close to me, I could hear me whisper "You wanted to?"

"Yes, I did." He placed his hands on my face, lifting it so that I would face him. "I do"

This kiss was different. It was not filled with anger like the first one. This kiss was soft and caring. It was an affirmation.

After the initial surprise, my arms woke up and embraced him. My body was clearly not aligned with my plan of wanting answers before getting more involved.

"Namjoon" I separate us, trying to clear my head. "I think the lines are getting too blurry. You can't just kiss me because you want to."

"You don't seem to mind" He interrupted me

"That is not the point" I said, clearly embarrassed. "We have a deal. A pretend relationship, so I don't expect for you to call me or to care for me. But if you kiss me or if things change, then my expectations change as well. Do you understand?"

He stopped for a second, contemplating something, and then said. "Then, do you want to date me for real, Amanda?"

____________

Thing will get interesting, if you know what I mean...

Thanks for supporting me!