*Chapter 9*

Next day I woke up in my bed with an agonizing headache and a huge sense of shame. I had no idea how I went from the restaurant to my bed, but I was still wearing my clothes from the day before which was a good sign.

I can recall bits of the car ride, but I am not sure which parts were real and which parts were me dreaming. All I could do was take a shower, get dressed and perform a walk of shame in the office, avoiding Namjoon... at least until our meeting in the afternoon.

Because the gods like to play games with me the first person I see when I enter the office is him. He is never in the operational floors, let alone in my floor that has all the social media personal. But today, here he is... reading some papers in the middle of the floor.

"Morning" I mumbled passing him and trying to reach my desk without raising too much attention.

Namjoon barely recognized my presence, only making a small head signal. I decide to be the bigger person an address my shame face on so I give a small step back and when I am next to him again, I whisper "Thank you for making sure I got home ok last night. I promise I usually don't drink... I don't know what happened."

Namjoon finally stopped reading his papers and looked at me with ice-like eyes. "I did nothing to deserve your appreciation, Miss Rogers." And he just left to the elevator leaving me speechless with his ruthless behaviour.

Namjoon's POV

This morning I was so worried about Amanda that I decided to wait for her in her floor. At least then I would know that she was ok.

Yesterday I didn't want to leave her alone at night but I was afraid of her reaction if she woke up and found me at her apartment. So after the ride I took her in my arms and carried her to her building and then to her bedroom, just taking off her jacket and shoes before laying her in her bed.

She fell asleep the moment we got in the car and I spent the drive with her head leaning on my shoulder. She must have been so nervous about the dinner that she got a bit carried away with the wine.

I smiled to myself alone in the elevator remembering small details about the night. The way she puts her hair over her ear when she gets a bit anxious or can't wait to say something about the topic. The way her face lights up when she genuinely thinks something is funny. The weight of her hair on my shoulder, tickling my neck just a bit. Her tiny figure in my arms, cozying up to my chest not knowing what was happening when I carried her bridal style.

I wish I could fall for her. But I can't. I won't.

Even if I have to pretend to be a monster I will not let that happen again...

Amanda's POV

I had lunch with Jin at a small restaurant near the headquarters. The place was not too crowded but the noise of other people's conversations allow us some privacy.

"So... I have seen the photos." I could hear him mocking me even though he tried to keep a normal tone of voice. "A date, huh?"

"Yes, and if you saw the photos then it means that the PR worked." I brushed it off.

"Oh, of course... It was for PR. I know. But..." Jin made a dramatic pause. "...did you have fun?"

"I always have fun doing my job, Jin." I gave him my best ice stare and I was hoping that by using his name he would focus again on his burger and let me eat my salad in peace. Especially because I hate salads.

"Sure, sure..."

"I am back at being called Miss Rogers, so I wouldn't say the night was perfect." I mumbled to myself.

Jin bursted out laughing.

I rolled my eyes. I know Jin cares about Namjoon a lot. Him, Namjoon and Suga are like brothers, but right know I need a friend with whom I can vent, not someone from the enemy's team.

"Let's talk about the charity event next weekend." I suggested.

"Fun topic! Especially for you." He laughed in an evil way. This meant trouble.

"Why? The only thing Namjoon asked me to do was to prepare his speech for the gala." I could sense the enjoyment on Jin's eyes, like a lion looking at his prey before attacking.

"Well, maybe you don't know this about him yet, but Namjoon never attends those galas without getting to know the charity project before." My eyes opened a bit wider. "This time the event is to raise funds to kindergarten and pre-schools, so he will be spending the day with children before the gala."

I just didn't know how to respond to that. I am used to navigate a room full of rich people in expensive dresses that gather to hear uninteresting speeches and write a check to a cause so that they can relieve their rich-guilt and have some nice PR. Some of them even go a bit earlier to the site with different clothes to take photos and pretend to visit hospitals, orphanages, science labs or whatever the gala funds are going to help. But to actually dedicate an entire day to understand the issues at stake was new.

"Well, if that is Namjoon's plan I am going with him." I stated.

"Of course you will." Jin tried to hide his smile. I guess I had just fallen in his little trap.

__

Merry Christmas to all!

Hope you liked this chapter :) I was in doubt about giving you Namjoon's POV but I decided to give you all a christmas gift ahaha