*Chapter 12*

"Mr and Ms Rogers." Namjoon said while giving a small nood to both.

"Oh, don't be so formal, boy. After all, we are your in laws as I heard." My father put his hand over Namjoon's shoulder and stared at him.

I knew my parents would be a bit upset I hadn't told them about my relationship with Namjoon, but it was not like I could explain the situation. My father was clearly testing the Namjoon. One thing was asking me to work for him and help him get elected, another thing was us dating so publicly.

"Of course Mr Roger. And I am sorry we hadn't had the chance of visiting you both as a couple, yet. As you know, we are in the middle of the campaign and every day is planned out to the second." Namjoon presented my parents with his best good-boy-smile and I just prayed it would do the trick.

After a second that felt like ten minutes, my mom saved us "C'omon honey, let the kids have some fun. We need to find our seats."

"Yes, honey" My dad took his hand out of Namjoon's shoulder and smiled at us before turning is back,

I sent an apologetic and thankful look to my mom and saw them leaving to the main room while we stayed at the hall.

"We will have to deal with that later." I said and Namjoon nodded as he understood what I meant.

There were some people from the organization at the entrance of the room that helped us find our seats. If the hall was amazing, the main dining room was breathtaking. The ceiling was very high and there was a huge chandelier at the center. Between the tall windows there were paintings and the entire room had a mystique environment to it. Like as if we had entered a time travel portal as soon as we walked through the door.

I felt relieved that my parents were on the opposite side of the room and I also knew they would not go to the ballroom later on, so we would probably be safe for the rest of the night.

"Hi lovebirds!" Jin was already sitting at our table. He was the party-man, so he knew all the right people and always got invited to the events.

I smiled at his provocation but Namjoon sent him a dreadful look.

As we sat down, two other men arrived and sat at our table as well. One had black hair and when he smiled at his friend I thought my heart was going to melt. The other one was more serious and had a mysterious look, with very light blond hair, clearly painted as they were both asians like Namjoon and Jin.

"Good evening, my name is Jungkook and this is Tae-hyung, but everyone calls him Tae." The black-haired man introduced them with a bright smile. "You are Jin and Namjoon, right? I have heard about you before. It is very nice to meet you in person."

Jungkook and Jin spent most of the night talking with each other, in their little bubble. Namjoon had to leave the table a couple of times to meet important people or to discuss some matters with people he already knew.

So that left me and Tae alone.

We talked for most of the dinner. He worked in Washington DC as an foregneir affairs expert to the Party, helping the congressmen and other party members preparing for diplomatic visits, missions, or with speeches and important meetings.

His aura was really something else. He felt calm and in a storm at the same time and while we talked I could almost sense his stare reading my soul, my deepest wishes and fears. Or maybe it was just the wine in my blood...

"So, tell me, Miss Roger, what do you think about going to the ballroom?" Tae asked with the most seductive eyes.

"Well, I don't usually dance..."

"You don't have to worry, I will help you."

When I noticed his hand was already holding mine and he was leading the way to the room in which the small orchestra started to play.

There was already a few people on the dance floor, but the room was so huge it was still very much empty.

Tae looked at me and placed his hand on the small of my back, pulling me closer to his body. Unintentionally I felt my face becoming red and warmer. I was definitely blushing and holding my breath in surprise.

Politics was a world of men, so I quickly got used to putting up a strong facade, and I was no longer used to being treated as female-like as this.

A valsa started and we elegantly flawn on the marble floor, as if our bodies didn't have any weight. He was not lying when he said we could lead us.

I was enjoying the dance, but at the same time I was too self-conscious and I couldn't look at him directly. So Tae placed his head closer to mine and whispered right next to my ear: "I thought you didn't know how to dance..."

"I never said I didn't know how to dance, I just said I didn't usually do it." I replied with a smile that only I could see as his face was next to mine. He scoffed.

While we danced the entire room disappeared and only when someone touched my shoulder I noticed that there were many people looking at us.

I turned back to see who had touched me.

"Darling, would you give me the honour of this dance?" Namjoon asked while extending his hand my way and showing me his most sexy and maleficent smile.

For the second time in the same night, I was in trouble

___

Hey! Hope you enjoyed this chapter :)

Now all members have made their way into the story!

What is your bias wrecker? Mine is Tae, in case you couldn't tell ahahah