*Chapter 2*

The new Campaign Office for Mr

The new Campaign Office for Mr. Kim was in an old factory in the middle of Queens.

It was not a premium location, but it was big enough for all of the campaign material and there was a reserved space for the small circle in the last floor.  The walls were made of bricks and it was mostly open spaces separated by plants or desks.

Today was my second day and although I have done my fair share of campaigns before - since I was a child, and especially for my father - the first days were always like starting school after the summer vacations.

The ground floor was the operations center with mostly teenager volunteers running around with pamphlet boxes and flags to distribute around town. I remember doing the same when I was younger, and although it was tiring, I always made a lot of friends and had a blast at the campaign parties.

The second floor was just for phone and social media action. We had a line for incoming questions, but it was mostly used for outbound with people calling the constituents and trying to persuade the vote. For me this was an awful strategy because people hate receiving calls nowadays, so one of my first meetings was with the head of operations to try and change that.

Social media on the other hand was my paradise. I had a clear vision for it and for it to work I had to work directly with Mr. Kim. And that was my mission for the first days at work.

I had put on my warrior blue suit that had an over-the-knee skirt, a cinted jacket and a blouse with no cleavage. Showing my legs was already enough.

I went to the PR section on the third floor and changed my shoes for the nude heels I have left there the day before.

I was ready to slay the dragon.

Although I was only one floor away from the reserved area where the morning meeting would take place, I decided to take the elevator because the old factory stairs were not friendly for people in heels.

In the elevator there were at least three signs warning people to keep out of the fourth floor. That was worrisome.

The second the elevator door opened, I saw Mr. Kim that faced my direction from the other side of the room and yelled.

"What is she doing here?". Everyone stopped and looked my way. I hold my breath.

He didn't have his suit jacket off, and he was with rolled up sleeves in his shirt giving a casual and active look.

Behind him I could see Jin and Suga, Mr. Kim right and left hands. I had met them before when I applied for the position and they both show me an apologetic smile.

This behaviour clearly explained the need for a reserved area. In here Mr. Kim didn't have to keep up with his charismatic facade. This campaign would be a tough one.

"What do you mean Namjoon?" Asked Suga in a low voice trying to calm him down. "Miss Rogers is your new head of PR. We talked about this."

Mr. Kim eyes opened in surprise, but one second later he had his poker face on again. "So she is that Miss Rogers." Emphasis on the word that "The responsible for the sudden rise of Ryan Gartner's results."

After the initial shock, I had entered the room and was now standing just a few feet away. My chin was up and I was trying my best to remain calm and professional. I would not let myself be bullied.

"I don't care. I want her gone." Mr. Kim said while turning his back and walking into his office.

I didn't even had a chance to speak up. Suga and Jin made me a signal to wait and entered the room just behind him.

I was officially done for. He clearly remembered me.

I could see them arguing through the glass windows, but I couldn't understand what was being said.

Namjoon's POV

I couldn't believe this girl had the nerves to show up at my campaign office. Especially all dolled up and chin up like that. Why on earth would she want to work for me?

"Namjoon, she is the daughter of Mr. Rogers, the former Governor. He gave us a big donation, although that would not be necessary for us to choose his daughter." Blatantly said Jin.

"Yes, I could figure that out. And I don't care. In case you don't recall, she almost fired up a scandal about me and Mia on that TV channel." I sat down in my chair. "That misunderstanding could have cost us everything."

"We know. But you also remember she fixed it and there was no news about it." Suga recalled. "Besides, she is the best PR in the business... Even you can see that."

I sighed. This girl was trouble. I am sure of it. But there was too much on the line, too many people counting on me, to get my personal feelings talk louder than the business rational.

"Ok. I will give her a shoot. But only because you two are asking me to." Jin smiled and Suga simply nodded.

"If she crosses the line, I want her gone.". Added Namjoon in a warning tone.

Amanda's POV

I could bet those two were explaining to Mr. Bad Temper who my father was and the donation he insisted on making to his campaign.

My pride was yelling at me to get out of there, but I didn't break promises. Ever.

Mr. Kim, Suga and Jin left the office and headed to the meeting room. Jin made me a hand signal to follow them as the rest of the inner circle staff was also entering the room.

I guess I still had a job. I would have to do my best to keep it.

_____

Things will get heated between these two.

Hope you are enjoying the story so far!

Don't forget to hit the like bottom if you... hum, you know... liked it :)