*Chapter 6*

"Mr. Kim, currently running for a congress for the 14th District, admitted to have a girlfriend in his latest interview with Charlotte Leeds. The Korean descendant candidate is known by keeping is personal life away from the media and was considered one of the most eligible bachelors from the country..."

I quitted scrolling down to read more, as I have already read at least other twenty news articles that said the exact same thing over the last two days. I adjust my position in the office chair and start looking outside the window hoping that Queens will give me the answers I need.

As head of the PR strategy for the campaign I knew that the sooner the "girlfriend" was presented to the public the better. That way she could be part of the campaign and the news would focus again on Mr. Kim's policies instead of focusing on his personal life.

However, as the "girlfriend" was going to be me... I was not so eager in presenting myself as the love interest of a man I don't really know and that I believe can hardly be in the same room as me.

My thoughts wer interrupted by Jimin's call.

"Hi-" I started.

"Don't HI me!" Jimin stopped me almost screaming. "You never told me Mr Kim has a girlfriend!"

I sighed and pressed my fingers in my front head, trying to figure out the best way to deal with this.

In order to survive the madness that was coming I was going to need my best friend's help for sure. Since I moved out of my parents' house Jimin has been like a brother to me.

"That is because he doesn't" I admitted. "Well, now he has." I was rambling.

I never ramble.

"What does that mean?"

"I am going to be Mr. Kim's girlfriend, at least during the campaign. And before you start overthinking, just know that this was the only solution for the PR nightmare Charlotte got us in" Jimin also knew Charlotte from frequenting the same circles, so I was hoping I would get some slack by mentioning her.

The line went silent for a minute until I heared my best friend dying of laughter.

"What is so funny?" I said, not being able to fight a slight smile.

"You... ahahah... you and Mr. Kim... ahahah" He was not even being able to finish a sentence. It took him at least two minutes to regain control of his breathing. "I am sorry honey. This is just too funny. I thought you didn't stand each other"

"Well, we will have to at least pretend to now."

"What are you going to tell your parents?" Jimin always ask exactly the questios what I don't want to answer. It is like he has a superpower to go directly to the sensible subjects he knows I am avoiding.

"I will have to talk with them once the news is out. They are in Europe for the next couple of weeks, which will give me some time to deal with the initial backlash, but once they are in town I will have to visit them and figure out if I tell the truth or not."

"Ok, I know what that means. I will have to behave and not tell this to anyone."

I was about to answer when Jin approached my desk and signaled me to follow him.

"That is exactly it Jimin. I have to go now, let's talk later over some alcohol" I left the phone on my desk and followed Jin.

"What is happening?" I asked while we enter the elevator to go to the top floor.

"We need to get you and Namjoon on the same page. You need to have a couple's story." Jin answered and I could see him trying to fight his lips to curl up in a smile.

I just nodded and we both entered Mr. Kim's office after a small knock on the door.

Mr. Kim was standing next to the window while talking on the phone. He was wearing a fitted suit of a dark blue colour. His tie was on his desk and he had the first few buttons of his shirt opened. The sun was shining brightly, lightning the room through the blinds. I could see Mr. Kim's stern face being covered by lights and shadows from the blinds.

"Yes, I can't go that day. We need to make arrangements to get him on our side, but we will talk more about this on another day." He then looked at me and added "Oh, and tell the organization of that Charity event next week that I will take a plus one. That is all, bye." He slowly placed the phone on the desk and moved past it to sit on the sofa.

"Namjoon" Jin sayed sitting next to him. "Amanda is already planning what would be the best occasion to present herself as your girlfriend, but we also need to work on your story as a couple so that you can say the same things in interviews and other public events if any reporter asks."

I realised I was the only one standing and quickly sat on a sofa in front of theirs. "I believe the best strategy to deal with the situation is to answer the least amount of questions possible about our past, but I do agree we must come up with a story."

"So, Miss Rogers, you want to tell the world that you got your job because you are dating your boss or do you prefer the version in which you started sleeping with your boss?" Mr. Kim said with a straight face.

He was being an asshole, as usual, with me and I would play at his level if that was what he wanted.

However, his question was not wrong.

"I am not sure. Do you prefer to tell the world that you hire for your campaign based on who is sleeping with you or that you are seducing your employees?" I replied looking directly in his direction. I could feel the tension between us, so dangerous but satisfying at the same time.

"Whoa, calm down you two" Jin was raising his hands "Firstly, you need to stop calling each other Mr. and Miss. It is Namjoon and Amanda."

I sighed and decided to be the grown up in the room, besides Jin of course. "From a PR point of view it is better to say that we have started dating after the first round, otherwise people will think that I was dating you while doing Ryan's campaign against you. So that would mean we started to date more or less two months ago and that we both agreed it would make sense for me to run PR in your campaign."

Namjoon nodded and I relaxed a bit.

Someone knocked at the door. "Come in" Namjoon shouted. The door opened and Namjoon's personal assistant came in with two men behind her. "Mr. Kim, your 4 o'clock meeting is here. Mr. Clark and Mr. Simon"

We all got up and Jin headed to the door slightly nodding to the newcomers as a way of saluting them. Instead of following him, I took Namjoon's tie from the desk and walked in his direction. I could see him opening his eyes a bit wider when he saw me approaching.

Almost in my tippy toes - although I am in heels - I closed his shirt buttons and was able to knot the tie, finishing it by laying my hands on his chest and giving him a small kiss on the cheek.

Jin and Namjoon's assistant were standing next to the door completely mortified, waiting for the reaction.

"Thanks darling. Mr. Clark and Mr. Simon, please take a seat." Namjoon simply said gesturing to the sofa.

Namjoon's assistant, Jin and I left the room, leaving a very red Namjoon behind. 

_____

Author's notes:

I am so sorry I have not been writing. I have been traveling a lot during the weekends this month. I went to Brighton in England, Brussels and Milan just this month. 

Did you miss me?