*Chapter 8*

I spent over two hours looking at the media reports from the rally. Obviously most of them ended up mentioning my appearance next to Namjoon, even the more serious outlets.

The gossip news were mainly focused on our clothes or on pretending they have talked with our friends about how we met each other when I was working on a rival campaign. Those I was not worried about.

However, the political columnists were clearly approaching this situation as if this was all a scheme - if only they knew - to promote Namjoon's career and have him in a stellar position for the next senate election. And those we would need to work on a strategy, because having the public thinking of Namjoon as a cold hearted strategist instead of a young romantic men was the last thing we wanted to do.

So, it took me those two hours to finally gain courage and head to Namjoon's office, where I am currently.

"We need to go on dates." I said in a determined tone.

"Excuse me?"

"We need to go on dates" I repeated. "For two reasons. Firstly because photos of candid moments between us are essential to sell our relationship, and secondly because we look way too uncomfortable with each other. Yesterday no one noticed it because it was a political event with many people and romance was not a must, but once we go to more cozy events the reporters will expect genuine acts of affection. Which we don't have."

Namjoon got up from his chair and stood next to the window, facing Queens, clearly thinking about the case. After a minute of silence he looked back at me and simply said "I will pick you up at 8. Text me your home address and free up your calendar."

"You don't need to pick me up, I can meet you wherever."

"If we are going to do this, we are going to do this right." He stated seating back in his chair and resuming reading some documents, letting me know that there was no room for discussion.

__

At 7h30 in the afternoon I was in front of my bedroom mirror having a minor panic attack. I dodn't even know why I was so stressed about how I looked, but everything that I was dressing just felt wrong. My room looked like a war zone and I only had half an hour to find the right clothes, take care of my wet hair and put some light make up to pretend I tried my best to look presentable.

After two more clothes changing I ended up settling with a flowy knees high dress that was only tight at the waste, accentuating my chest and slim shape at the same time. The flowy feeling of the dress and the dark green color took most of the sexy feeling a way, that was only preserved by the skin in my lower half legs that were showing and a pair of black stilettos.

I decided to keep my hair loose, so I was already changing my daily purse to a smaller one when Namjoon rang my doorbell.

I didn't know why - maybe because I was still trying to find my keys - I decided to open the building door so that Namjoon could come up.

Namjoon's POV

I didn't even realize I was going to see Amanda's house until I stood in front of her house door. When she texted me her address I found it strange that she lived in a studio in Brooklyn instead of living in her parents' mansion in Manhattan. Now that I am here I could tell that the building in the Brooklyn Heights area, typical style with four floors and a brick facade is not that shabby... Especially if it has a view over the Brooklyn Bridge and Manhattan as I suspected.

She opened the door after the first two knocks.

"Come in. Just give me one second." I ccould barely see her green dress as she quickly disappeared back to her room, while putting an earring.