*Chapter 3*

The inner circle of the campaign was composed by only 6 people.

Suga was Mr. Kim right hand and was sitting next to him. He was mostly responsible for strategy. From what I have heard he was very loyal, but a bit shy and mostly kept to himself.

Jin was Mr. Kim left hand and was on his other side on the table. His responsibility was lease with the Party. He was our party man. He was a complete opposite of suga, with a bright personality and friendly approach.

In Operations we had J-Hope and Amelia Anderson. She was a tough nail, used to managing large teams in a lean way. J-Hope was the people person, keeping the teams together and motivated.

In Finance we had Mark Smith. He was a good family friend and was known to be smart on his investments. I was one of the reasons why I joined the campaign... he always picked winners.

Lastly there was me, responsible for PR and Media.

"Firstly, I would like to introduce you all to Amanda that is going to be the PR Manager for our team." Suga said leading to a round of heads nodding in a friendly way and some "Hi" and "Welcome".

The rest of the meeting was very positive. That is until it was my time to present the social media strategy I had in mind.

"I want to take advantage of Mr. Kim young age to present him as a politician of the new age that interacts often with the constituents in social media." I started "The social media team can do most of the work, but we will need Mr Kim for some videos and for some insta stories and snapchats. I also thought about doing a campaign daily vlog on youtube".

"That will not work" Interrupted Mr. Kim. "I can do the videos with the right script and the right team. But there is no way I will be doing daily vlogs or insta stuff."

"People see politics as an old man stuff, we need to attract young people by showing them our way. That we are dynamic, fun, irreverent!"

"I won't discuss this with you anymore. I am not willing to be a freak show for children entertainment."

"But-"

"There is no more discussion." His tone was final. I didn't like it one bit.

When the meeting was over Mr. Kim said in a firm voice

"Miss Rogers meet me at my office" And left the room. Everyone stood where they were standing and staring at me. Pitying me.

I followed him silently but when we entered his office, I was not able to hold back anymore.

He was standing leaning on his desk.

I didn't even let him speak.

"I know you don't have the best first impression of me, but believe me when I say that I also don't have the best first impression of you. But still I am l here willing to be part of your campaign team, so if you want this to work you can't disrespect me like that."

I walked in his direction while speaking and I realized too late that I had stopped just a few inches from him. He was taller than me so I had to look up a bit, which definitely undermined the position I was trying to make.

The smell of his perfume was now too evident and affected me in a strange way. It was soft but masculine.

I took a step back.

I think I even saw a small smirk dancing on his lips. But if it was ever there, it also quickly disappeared.

"Miss Rogers. No one forces you to be here. I don't have to thank you nor like you. You just need to do your job". His words were cold as ice.

"Well, for me to do that Mr. Kim" I marked his name "You need to trust me and do as I say instead of not accepting my ideas".

His eyes were deadly but I could see his internal debate. He knew I was right.

"Ok Miss Rogers, let's find common ground. How can we do all of the stuff you want with the least involvement of my part?" He said going behind his desk to sit down.

I gave him a small smile of victory. "I can work on a plan to decrease your participation and focus more on your team".

"Good. We will discuss it then. That is all." He was already looking down to some papers.

I had been dismissed.

Namjoon POV

This woman will be the death of me. Her fire is not a good match to my ice cold personality.

I know how to be charismatic when I need to, and I am not a shy person at all. But I am an introvert, preferring to be alone or with a hand full of people than with large crowds. Stupid personality to be a polititian, I know.

My close friends, Jin and Suga, know this very well and they have always sheltered me. Making sure no one would discover my anti social persona. But now with the need of expanding the inner circle, adding new people to the team, I had no choice but to be on my best behaviour.

Which was hard and tiring.

I had to go beyond my strength to keep my calm while Amanda was storming off inside my office... Standing just inches away from me.

I could smell her perfume and I did notice that she smelled mine too. It affected her and somehow I liked it.

This is setting up  to be a dangerous road, but maybe I will enjoy it a bit more than I previously expected.

____________

Author's notes:

I am really enjoying writing about this relationship. I can relate a lot with both characters in different ways, so it is really funny. It is like writing two sides of my personality and then have them fighting ahahah

Hope you are enjoying it too!

I promise the political talk will become less and less evident as we move forward with the story, but it is necessary to set the mood :)

Question time: Do you like to be involved in politics? Or just watch? Or not even that?