Chapter 19

Narrators P.O.V

The doctor just stood smiling as the drip let out the poison into Camila. His mind filled with conniving thoughts. "That hot headed officer thought she could just have her way, what more can one expect from a female cop" he thought. He was so focused on the girl in front of him that shocked over took him when he was spun around and a strong hand wrapped around his throat.

It was Lauren she held him tight as he struggled to move.
"What did you inject in her drip?" Lauren shouted angrily not loosening her grip. Then the doctor in attempt to escape pushed Lauren onto Camila and ran out into the hall. It took the green eyed officer a minute to regain her composure as she clutched her abdomen and limped after the doctor.

He was fast and she could never out run him. He was looked back to see if Lauren was still chasing him and then he tripped, falling to the ground. Lauren was hot on his heels so he got up as quick as possible and began running away again. The officer took the first thing she saw and aimed at the doctor's leg.

He winced in pain as he tumbled over again but this time when he got up, Lauren was close enough to tackle him to the ground. She pinned him to the ground and asked him again "What did you inject in her?". The doctor was afraid he began randomly feeling around with his hands struggling to free himself. Then his hand met with a surgical scissors and plunged it into Lauren's side without thinking. She fell to the ground, curling into a ball crying in pain.

The doctor made his escape as other officers and nurses made their way to Lauren, who was not interested in her own health.

"GO AFTER ...HIM...GO" she ordered them. The nurses helped her up but instantly she thought of Camila and all the pain went away as she ran as fast as she could stumbling and bumping into almost every wall trying to stay standing.

She ran into Camila's room and instantly pulled out the drip. Relief washed over a pale sweaty Lauren who stood breathless holding the side of the unconscious girl's bed. Her breathing was heavy and she kept looking at the girl in front of her and for some reason the thought of losing Camz scared Lauren more than she  wanted.

She sat down besides Camila awaiting the girl to awake but the nurses arrived and had to force Lauren to let them attend to her injuries. She was reluctant but soon gave in after she got agonizing contractions due to the scissors being lodged in her side.

Later that night after Lauren had gotten patched up. Her boss arrived along with Ally at the hospital to clear some issues regarding the doctor. Lauren's superior was abit taken aback to see the two girls on the same room. They stood discussing the matter when the nurse had informed them Camila was awake.

Lauren instantly stepped towards the brunette and asked "Are you alright?" but as soon as she did that Camila's eyes widened and she sat backwards in the bed pulling her knees up to her chest. Lauren's boss held her shoulder
"Lauren..." the green eyed officer knew this meant she had to leave.

After Lauren had left her superior began questioning Camila.

"Are you okay Miss Cabello? Do you have any problems?"

The shivering girl before him spoke looking down "no, I am not okay, how can I be okay I am away from my home and my family." tears rolled down her cheeks
Lauren who was standing just outside wanted nothing more than to hug her but showed no emotion.

"I don't know anything, please let me go." Camila continued to say and then she saw Lauren and looked to the senior officer and said "Also I have one more...request...please sir keep that animal away from me"

Lauren still stood emotionless hiding the pain she felt hearing those words.

"Relax Miss Cabello" Mr. Geller said trying to lighten the mood.