(68)

If you like this story then please check out my new story Me You And Winnie The Pooh! It needs all the love it can get! 😊🐻🍯

IVY

In a matter of hours, I had my whole life ripped to shreds. Without a minute to breathe, or think or speak.

After she had fled the scene, I had been told my mom had been found trying to board a plane to the UK to escape and had been arrested onsite to face years of prison. She was held accountable for the full death of Eloise, kidnapping and attempted murder. I'd never see her face again and I was glad.

My best friend was in intensive care fighting for her life with her only source being a ventilator to keep her breathing and Brody's couldn't look at me, let alone sit in a room with me.

So I was sat in the family room at the hospital alone and unwanted.

No parents, no friends, and no boyfriend.

I wished I had been shot instead.

I was waiting for my aunt Tia to arrive, she was from my dad's side, thank god and lived on the outskirts of town. She had been chosen as my parents next of kin, which meant I'd have to move in with her and finish my senior year at a different high school. She was currently collecting my stuff from the house, I couldn't go back as the media had got hold of this story with their grubby little hands and already posted my moms face across the news with devil horns and a tail. Our town didn't take lightly to murderers so crowds with pitchforks were camped on our drive. They were too stupid to realize that my mom wouldn't be in the house but in custody, so they stayed there anyway.

I'd been told they'd thrown red paint across the lawn and all over the front of the house despite the police's best efforts to stop them. I guess I didn't care anymore. I knew my past life was over the moment my mom had looked me in the eyes and pointed a gun at my chest with no guilt or remorse to stop.

I felt like I'd lived a lie this whole time, I tried to think of any red flags that would have lead me towards this road but I couldn't.

My mom was good at deceiving people, even her own daughter.

I wanted to scream, but I couldn't, I wanted to cry but I wouldn't. All I felt inside was this dark void. A never-ending dark void that consumed everything well, everything worth living, so all I was left with was feeling nothing.

I sat in the room chewing at my nails until I could taste the blood. I was surrounded by four white walls, there was nothing else to do but stare at them. I felt my leg twitch, anticipating the moment I just bolted, ran as far and fast as I could until there was no more air left in my lungs.

I could still do it.

The police had finished with their interviews, well interrogations. Brody and Paul were with Rose's mom after getting checked out by medics and ruling there was no immediate harm. I could run and no one would even realize I was gone before it was too late.

I stood up before I could convince myself otherwise, my heart wanted out of my chest. It wanted to beat free of its cage. It sounded like it's going to crack a rib and my senses were on high alert as I held my hands firmly to my sides. I just needed to get out of the hospital unnoticed.

I walked towards the door, I could hear the blood in my eyes pumping and slowly twisted open the handle. I pulled open the door and froze.

"Ivy, where are you going?" Brody stood before me, bloodshot-eyed and unshaven. He had his hands to his side gripping hold of his trousers and I noticed the purplish hue that circled his wrists.