(18)

Song Above: Kygo Remind Me To Forget

If you like this story then please check out my new story Me You And Winnie The Pooh! It needs all the love it can get! 😊🐻🍯

I slammed my locker shut imagining it was a certain someone's head. I needed therapy to resolve these violent thoughts that ran through my head. I entered class already annoyed and frustrated so I knew it would be a matter of seconds before I would be in an argument with my teacher.

"Ivy, what is the definition of a sociopath?" Mr Eves stood at the end of my desk, his face red and the vibrant colour of his checked shirt hurting my eyes.

I leant back in my chair and resisted the urge to roll my eyes. He had woken me up from my daytime nap. "I don't know sir,"

I could feel all eyes on me especially Mr Eves cold hardened stare, "Then tell me what the definition of a psychopath is?"

Remind me again why I decided to take psychology?

I let out a sigh, "I don't know,"

"Do you know anything?" His lisp came out harsh and I noticed his spit land on my desk. I recoiled moving my eyes from the patch to his face. My stomach was churning at the thought of the bacteria currently multiplying in front of me.

I bit my lip. I was a second away from saying something that could get me kicked out of class.

Mr Eves took a step back, his eyes unmoving and he snapped, "Maybe if you stayed off the Instagram or Tiktok like this brainless generation you might know the answer,"

I almost snapped the pencil in my hand, "The definition of a psychopath is a person suffering from a chronic mental disorder with abnormal or violent social behaviour," I tilted my head to the side, "Kind of like you,"

A cloak of silence filled the room, a stillness as if everyone were too afraid to move. Mr Eves was smouldering underneath his stony expression. His rage seemed pointless to me, although I did not dare say so.

"Get out," He roared.

It took me a second to register what he said before I stumbled out of my chair and gathered my belongings. I could feel eyes boring into my back and I took the pink slip from Mr Eves hand without looking in his direction. I let out a frustrated sigh, loud enough so he could hear and walked out of the classroom and into the hallway.

Great.

I did not make a habit of getting detentions. In fact, this was my first, but I cannot deny that I went into class looking for an argument. I could not help it.

I felt like a swarm of bees whose nest had been shaken.

Ever since the weekend with Brody I had been on edge. I could not blame him for dating Rose, we were never anything more than sex and I could not blame Rose for dating him. What ruffled my feathers was the kiss and the fact he brought me out to his special place, a place that reminded him of his mom. From my experience, you do not just show anyone that part of you. He was making my mind turn into a scrambled mess and I did not like it. I needed to get a grip of things before I found myself in too deep.

That night, after the lake, I decided to walk home. It gave me time to think, to steady my breath and realise Brody dating Rose was out of my control. I didn't want to face Brody in the morning, and I definitely didn't want to face Ryan. I had a feeling he had more than platonic thoughts about me and right now I did not know what to think of it.

I had spent most of the weekend binging on The Walking Dead imaging every Zombie that was violently killed was Brody's fat head. I'd even desperately got to the point where I had planned what I would do if he had in fact turned into a Zombie during the apocalypse. It involved a lot of violent thoughts I tell you.