(47)

Song Above: Honey

If you like this story then please check out my new story Me You And Winnie The Pooh! It needs all the love it can get! 😊🐻🍯

"Isn't this the best date ever?" Brody mused with his mouth full of egg rolls. I let out a laugh and chucked him a napkin. He caught it and dabbed at his cheeks, his eyes never leaving mine.

"I mean the noodles at Zenns are the best out there by far, not too sure about this date though," I teased twirling my noodles with my fork.

Brody gasped in mock hurt, "How could you say such a thing,"

"I mean for starters you ordered squid, like really Brody you can still see the tentacles,"

"It's delicious, how can you not agree? Especially with that mayo sauce, they have on the side, it's spicy but not too spicy yano?"

I shook my head slowly, "You are just a criminal,"

"Come on," He waved his hand in exasperation, "You ordered chicken wings! You don't come to Zenns and order chicken wings,"

"It's salt and pepper wings," I corrected, "Have you ever tried them? Don't mock till you try boy,"

"I don't need to try them, you sprayed enough of them on my face when you were eating,"

My eyes widened and I squeaked, "I did not,"

"You did," He mimicked my voice and I narrowed my eyes, "I'm gonna have to wash salt and pepper out of my hair for weeks,"

I rolled my eyes and raised my noodles to my mouth, "Stop being dramatic," I took a huge bite and smiled in satisfaction at the mixture of flavours bursting in my mouth.

There was a reason my dad and I loved this place.

A sudden pang of hurt hit my chest as I thought about my dad. I took a large gulp of water to try and wash it down but my hand betrayed me by shaking against the glass. Brody's eyes fell to my hand and he frowned. His eyes then scanned around the room and when they found what he was looking for he grinned.

He leaned forward with his elbows on the table and gestured his thumb to the left of him.

"The man sat over there has bean sprouts in his moustache and his date hasn't told him yet,"

I instantly laughed, following his gaze to find it was true. A couple sat two rows away from us were talking intently despite the fact the man had food stuck in his thick moustache. I hoped it wasn't a first date.

"That's just mean if she's talking to him fully knowing," I joked, "Maybe she can't see?"

"What do you mean? Like she's blind?"

"Yes, she could be blind, just because you haven't got sight doesn't mean you can't date Brody" I rolled my eyes.

"I guess that explains why she hasn't noticed, and I didn't say she couldn't date, but I wish she could see how much that man is clearly punching,"

"Why?" I cocked a brow, "You think she's better than him?"

"By far," He blurted out and then realised what he said and tried to backtrack, "Not saying she's hot or anything just saying she could do better,"

"How can you guess that from the back of her head?"

"I don't know, I just have a feeling for these things,"

I rolled my eyes so far I could see my brain, "Alright Mystic Meg put the crystal away,"

Just as I said that the lady stood up, turned to face us and I let out a laugh so loud I thought my throat was going to explode. Stood facing us was in fact not a lady but a man, a much older man with stubble and a slipknot t-shirt tight against his muscles. Even though the rest of him screamed male superiority complex, his hair was long, blonde and silky.