(31)

Song Above: Feel Me Aeris

If you like this story then please check out my new story Me You And Winnie The Pooh! It needs all the love it can get! 😊🐻🍯

"For the fifthtime, that book has no clues what so ever," I let out a loud breath, slapping the book out of Brody's hands and watching it fall to the floor with a loud thud.

He stared at me wide-eyed before narrowing them "Who made you the expert? There could be hidden clues in there,"

"If there were any you would have found them by now dipshit," I waved my hands around in exasperation and sank into the chair beside me. A puff of dust exploded from where my butt hit the fabric and I scrunched my nose up in disgust.

We'd only been in the escape room for thirty minutes and it felt like hours. Fifteen minutes to go and counting.

If it hadn't been for the stupid actor with his stupid top hat and stupid velvet waistcoat I would have been in a room with someone else.

After the near-drowning experience we had gotten ice cream, some much-needed food - who knew drowning made you hungry - and headed over to the escape room.

They had all insisted we'd reschedule but I wasn't going to let a lousy wave stop me. I was determined to win in this game, but since I found out I was paired with Brody I wasn't so sure anymore.

He'd gone back to his normal annoying self after realizing I wasn't going to die and even shoved ice cream in my face when we'd yet again argued about flavours. Whatever kindness he'd shown earlier was left at the shore and buried by the tide. I tried to not think about what he had said at the beach, trauma did strange things to people.

The room was sticky and hot with the air-con clearly not working. It was like Satan's lair in here. We were in some form of a box and If it had gotten any smaller I'd be against Brody's chest. I'd never had issues with small spaces before but now I felt like I'd developed claustrophobia.

"Look, a note," He said to no one in particular. He had a thin piece of paper in his hand. I had no idea where he had found it, I stopped paying attention a long time ago. If I was going to lose, I had decided to lose gracefully.

"The note says "I am weightless, but you can see me. Put me in a bucket, and I'll make it lighter. What am I?" He rubbed at the back of his head, his brows scrunched up into confusion. He re-read it a few times, in different tones and voices as if that made some form of difference.

"It doesn't matter how many times you read it, Brody, the answers are not going to suddenly appear,"

"Could it be a feather?"

"A bloody feather? A feather won't make the bucket lighter,"

"Well maybe the answers in the book," He reached out to pick up the pages and just before his fingers skimmed the hard copy,  I jumped up and karate chopped his hand out of the way.

"Ow!" He yelped staring at me wide-eyed in astonishment. He held his hand to his chest and cradled it like a baby. I rolled my eyes and got up from the chair.

"You pick up the book and I will hit you with it," I said slowly, putting as much authority behind my voice as I could.

"Okay," He gulped.