𝚡𝚡𝚒𝚒.

𝚑𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚕

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛: 𝚡𝚡𝚒𝚒.

𝙺𝚊𝚝𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚜'𝚜 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚙 𝚝𝚎𝚊𝚖 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚎𝚍 𝚂𝚊𝚏𝚏𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚡𝚎𝚌𝚞𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗. It felt strange, but she allowed to do it without complaint. Octavia, Flavius, and Venia, their names were, and they seemed kind enough. The only stylists kept alive.

They were careful touching her. Even though she was sure they'd just readied Katniss for the day's, events, and Katniss had endured just as much of the flames.

Octavia winced at the sight of the scars on her face. She was placated with a few words from Venia, "We can make her look strong. It will add character, make the people feel for her."

Saffreen was sure that the people already felt for her plenty. A little girl from District Eight, a girl who fought in two Hunger Games and miraculously survived, a girl who lost her husband to Capitol mutts, a girl who was now, apparently, pregnant, though she wasn't sure anyone knew about that, yet. 

They gave her simple enough makeup. Eyeshadow of greys and browns, a light highlight on her cheeks, making her face looked rounder, more like the child who had entered the arena for the first time centuries ago. They chatted with her about her games. They remembered them, her fantastic kill of the boy from District One, charging from the woods only to receive a knife to the throat.

She nodded along simply, barely understanding why she was getting prepped. She wouldn't be the one to land the killing blow to Snow. That was Katniss's job.

When she asked, they explained that, as far as they knew, Coin wanted her to be an example of one of the victors who had turned out all right, at least, mostly so. She would show the Capitol that Snow had not broken her.

"Finnick should be the one here," she said as they finished her prep and helped her dress in the drab District Thirteen uniform. "He was always the stronger one."

To that, they had no reply.

She was ushered to a meeting where Haymitch, Peeta, Enobaria, Johanna, Annie, and Beetee sat at a table. She furrowed her eyebrows as she took a seat beside Annie.

Katniss was the last to arrive. "What's this?" she asked, looking around the table.

"We're not sure," Haymitch said. "It appears to be a gathering of the remaining victors."

"We're all that's left?" Katniss asked.

"The price of celebrity," Beetee answered. "We were targeted from both sides. The Capitol killed the victors they suspected of being rebels. The rebels killed those thought to be allied with the Capitol."