𝚡.

𝚑𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚕

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛: 𝚡.

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙲𝚊𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚘𝚕 𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚐𝚛𝚘𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚌𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚛. Saffreen trained with all the energy she had within her. She was getting better with guns. She worked with her knives in Special Weaponry.

She worked in what the other soldiers called the Block, though the tattoo on her arm called it S.S.C., Simulated Street Combat. It was a mock cityscape where teams of eight would carry out their assigned missions. It all seemed so real. It was almost terrifying to watch teams dressed in Peacekeeper uniforms take aim and fire. They'd have to pretend to fall over dead. Katniss and Johanna had joined her training course.

They were being filmed during their training, Saffreen, Finnick, Katniss, Johanna, and Gale. A way to show the Capitol just how strong they were, and a way to prove to the districts just how seriously they were taking the war.

Peeta joined the beginner's training course.

Saffreen took her exam. Four parts, obstacle course, a written exam on tactical strategy, a test about weapons proficiency, simulated combat in the Block.

She did better than she expected, honestly. Especially when they played dirty, attacking her sense of compassion with a small child, dirty and scared, begging for help. She almost had followed until she saw a flicker of movement behind a wall.

It was a trap. 

She had run, then, in the other direction, back to a safe point toward the start. Her movement had alerted the herd of Peacekeepers who had planned to ambush her and they ran at her, but she knew they were coming and was able to get them all down.

She was stamped with her squad number, 451. She reported to Command, excited to see that Finnick and Gale were part of her squad. Katniss joined as well.

They were to work under a man named Boggs. 

Saffreen drew Katniss into a hug. 

Plutarch stood over a panel in the center of the table, explaining what they would, potentially, be encountering in the Capitol. He pressed a button, bringing up a hologram of a block of Capitol projects.

"This, for example, is the area surrounding one of the Peacekeepers' barracks. Not unimportant, but not the most crucial of targets, and yet look," he was saying. He pressed another button, a lights came up, blinking and flashing in all manner of colors. "Each light is called a pod. It represents a different obstacle, the nature of which could be anything from a bomb to a band of mutts. Make no mistake, whatever it contains is designed to either trap or kill you. Some have been in place since the Dark Days, others developed over the years. To be honest, I created a fair number myself. This program, which one of our people absconded with when we left the Capitol, is our most recent information. They don't know we have it. But even so, it's likely that new pods have been activated in the last few months. This is what you will face."