𝚡𝚡𝚒.

𝚑𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚕

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛: 𝚡𝚡𝚒.

"𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚒𝚝 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎." It wasn't the first time Saffreen had told Delta this within the last few days. "I really, really, hate it here."

Delta nodded, placating her daughter. "I know you do. But they've kept you alive. They've let you stay here with me."

"I want to leave." Saffreen sat in a chair, holding Deecey in her lap, running her finger's through Deecey's hair over and over. It was the only thing that was convincing her that this was real.

"Where we going?" Deecey asked brightly.

"Nowhere, little one," Delta answered, earning a sharp look from Saffreen.

"I want to fight," Saffreen said.

Delta shook her head. "There's no one left to fight. The fighting is over."

"I want my knives."

"Saffreen."

"I won't do anything."

"I don't believe you."

Saffreen scoffed, shaking her head. "It's not your choice."

"You don't get to leave me again."

One morning, Saffreen requested a separate room. Coin seemed hesitant but agreed to the request. She looked like she was getting better.

Physically, at least.

In her mind, all that she wanted was to fade away and disappear.

Maybe it was best that no one was allowing her to have her knives.

She wandered more now, carrying Deecey down long hallways, looking out of windows.

She found herself down a hallway one morning. Plush carpet sank beneath her feet, soft, muffling the sound of her footsteps. She had never been down this hall before.

There was a smell to it. 

It took her a moment to realize, her grip on Deecey tightening.

Roses.

She went tense, ready to strike out at anything that might have attacked. Katniss smelled roses before the mutt attack in the sewers.