𝚟𝚒𝚒𝚒.

𝚑𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚕

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛: 𝚟𝚒𝚒𝚒.

𝚂𝚊𝚏𝚏𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚍 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚕𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝙵𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚌𝚔. His eyes were unfocused and his head was down. He was barely moving and so Saffreeen and Katniss led him along like he was a child.

Saffreen was shaking as they made their way to the hospital wing. It was chaos inside, doctors running in every direction, shouting orders. They were nearly run down by a gurney that carried Johanna Mason, now with a freshly shaved head, malnourished, emaciated, unconscious and covered in scabs and bruises.

Gale was across the room. Katniss shouted his name and made to run to him but was stopped by a nurse. 

"Finnick!" cried a voice, and Saffreen saw a young woman with dark hair and sea-green eyes running towards him. Annie.

He drew her into a tight embrace. Saffreen smiled weakly at the pair.

And then she heard it. A voice racked with both sobs and laughter as she said, "Saff!"

Delta was running at her, Deecey held tightly in her arms. They were thin and tired looking, but they were alive, alive and okay. Saffreen let out a gasp, wrapping her arms around Delta's neck, burying her face in her shoulder, sobs of her own tearing out of her throat.

"Mama!" Deecey was saying, pulling at Saffreen's hair.

"You're alive," Saffreen managed to say, lifting her head as she pulled Deecey into her arms. "You're both alive."

"Yes," Delta said, nodding weakly. "They realized quickly that I didn't know anything. And they barely touched Deecey."

"Good," Saffreen said, nodding along with her mother's words. "I'd kill them if they did. I swear, I would kill them."

"But we're all right," Delta said. "You don't have to. We're all right."

"I'm sorry this happened. I'm so sorry."

Delta shook her head, wrapping her arms around Saffreen and pressing a kiss to her forehead. "It's all right."

Saffreen was so caught up in the moment that she didn't even see Katniss, covered in bruises, unconscious.

Saffreen got that information later.

Peeta was brainwashed by the Capitol. When Katniss had gone to see him, he'd attacked her. Katniss was unable to speak for the time being.