𝚒𝚡.

𝚑𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚕

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛: 𝚒𝚡.

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚎𝚍𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚍. Saffreen marveled at the effort that had been put into it. The decorations were made with autumn leaves and things of the sort. The child singers and a fiddler from District Twelve provided music.

Saffreen was surprised at how nice she looked in Katniss's dress. The diamonds caught the light well.

Finnick wore one of Peeta's suits, tailored to better fit him. Saffreen was grinning when she saw him.

Delta looked like she wanted to cry as she sat among the guests, Deecey in her lap.

The ceremony was perfect. Saffreen was fighting back tears as they went through the motions. Finnick didn't let go of her hand the entire time. He was grinning broadly. 

They sealed their union with a kiss. Saffreen pressed herself to his chest, smiling against his lips. 

When they drew apart, the crowd broke into cheers. They toasted the happy couple with apple cider. Saffreen wasn't sure she'd ever stop smiling, despite the fact that the feeling of hundreds of eyes on her was making her shake slightly. 

The fiddler struck up a song that got everyone from Twelve to start dancing. It was great. Saffreen laughed and clapped as they formed two long lines, then Katniss encouraged her and Finnick to get into the middle of a circle while the others danced around them. When they finished, others jumped into the middle to dance.

Delta held Deecey on the outskirts of the circle, bouncing the toddler up and down.

Saffreen pulled Finnick into a kiss, swaying to the music. 

And then a cake was being brought out, needing four people to wheel it out. It was massive. Saffreen's eyes went wide. It was iced with flowers and ships, beautifully done.

Finnick let out a faint laugh. No one was really expecting a cake.

Saffreen and Finnick served slices to everyone who wanted them and settled at a table with slices of their own. Saffreen broke into giggles every time Finnick wiped dollops of frosting on her nose. "I hate you!" she stated, laughing as she licked away his latest attack.

"No you don't," he answered with a smile, kissing the tip of her nose.

She shoved him softly, laughing all the while. "You're right," she said. "You're too pretty to hate." She smeared frosting on his lips and kissed him.