𝚡𝚒.

𝚑𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚕

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛: 𝚡𝚒.

𝙰 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚠. Yes, Saffreen could put on a good show. She could prove just how stupid this 'Star Squad' was when she took down as many Peacekeepers the Capitol could throw at her. She could kill again and enjoy herself doing it, because finally, finally, she would be getting revenge on the Capitol.

On President Snow.

Delta held Saffreen tightly in her arms the day they were to leave. Deecey was squished between them, oddly silent. Saffreen buried her face in her mother's shoulder as she said in a voice strained with tears, "I will be all right. I'm barely going to be fighting. It's all going to be fine."

"Come back to me," Delta pleaded. "Every time you leave, it feels like it will be the last."

"I'll come back," Saffreen agreed. "Me and Finnick and all of the others. We're going to be safe, we'll be fine."

"Good."

When Saffreen finally tore herself away from Delta and Deecey, kissing her daughter on the head, she moved to Finnick's side, taking a deep breath.

"You'll be okay?" she asked him, because even if she was convinced that everything would be fine, she had to ask.

He offered a soft smile, drawing her into his side, squeezing her shoulder. "I'll be okay."

A hovercraft took them to District Twelve, where a transportation area had been set up. A train cargo car packed with soldiers.

Travel took a few days. Saffreen felt strangely sick but kept quiet. No use in complaining about motion sickness, not when any thought that she could be sick or hurt in some way might force her back to Thirteen, as far away from the fight as possible.

They disembarked in a mountain tunnel leading into the Capitol and walked a six-hour trip to a rebel camp already swarmed with soldiers.

Their squad was assigned a spot to place their tents. 

The rebels had only just been able to take back the encampment. The Capitol forces had drawn back, leaving booby traps in their wake on the streets. 

Mitchell asked about risk of hoverplane bombings, but they were all assured by Boggs that it wouldn't be an issue. Most of the Capitol's air fleet was destroyed in the attack on Two and the invasion to save the captives. They would be holding back any aircraft that still remained.