𝚡𝚟𝚒𝚒.

𝚑𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚕

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛: 𝚡𝚟𝚒𝚒.

𝙼𝚘𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚌𝚊𝚖𝚎. When everyone woke, Katniss started rambling, telling that she had lied about her mission to assassinate Snow, that all the deaths were her fault.

There was a long moment of silence when she finished. Then Gale said, "Katniss, we all knew you were lying about Coin sending you to assassinate Snow."

"You knew, maybe," Katniss stated. "The soldiers from Thirteen didn't."

"Do you really think Jackson believed you had orders from Coin?" Cressida asked. "Of course she didn't. But she trusted Boggs, and he'd clearly wanted you to go on."

"I never even told Boggs what I planned to do," Katniss argued.

"You told everyone in Command!" Gale stated. "It was one of your conditions for being the Mockingjay. 'I kill Snow.'"

"But not like this," Katniss said, still unconvinced. "It's been a complete disaster."

"I think it would be considered a highly successful mission," Gale said. "We've infiltrated the enemy camp, showing that the Capitol's defenses can be breached. We've managed to get footage of ourselves all over the Capitol's news. We've thrown the whole city into chaos trying to find us."

"Trust me, Plutarch's thrilled," Cressida agreed.

Katniss still wasn't giving up. "That's because Plutarch doesn't care who dies. Not as long as his games are a success."

Saffreen stayed quiet while Gale and Cressida tried to convince Katniss.

Finally, Katniss looked toward Saffreen and Peeta. "One of you, tell me what you think."

Saffreen hid her face in her hands and so it was Peeta who answered, pulling himself into a sitting position.

"I think...you still have no idea. The effect you can have. None of the people we lost were idiots. They knew what they were doing. They followed you because they believed you really could kill Snow."

Katniss nodded stiffly, pulling her paper map from her pocket. "Where are we, Cressida?"

Saffreen ignored them as they figured it out. She stood up and started to pace the length of the room, pressing her nails into the palm of her hands, biting her lip, wanting to feel something either than the strange numbness that had overwhelmed her. She tasted blood and when she looked at her nails she could see blood beneath them.