𝚡𝚒𝚟.

𝚑𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚕

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛: 𝚡𝚒𝚟.

𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚊 𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝. Two doors down, a tube connected the rows of apartments to the tunnels beneath. They could get into it through a shaft in the back of a closet on the upper floor.

"Okay then," Katniss said. "Let's make it look like we've never been here."

They cleared away all of the damage they had done.

And finally, it was just Peeta that had to be dealt with. He planted himself on one of the sofas, not moving. "I'm not going," he stated. "I'll either disclose your position or hurt someone else."

"Snow's people will find you," Finnick pointed out.

"Then leave me a pill. I'll only take it if I have to," Peeta argued.

"That's not an option," Jackson said. "Come along."

"Or you'll what?" Peeta asked. "Shoot me?"

"We'll knock you out and drag you with us," Homes stated. "Which will both slow us down and endanger us."

"Stop being noble!" Peeta said, suddenly angry. "I don't care if I die!" He looked toward Katniss, his face falling. "Katniss, please. Don't you see, I want to be out of this?"

Katniss swallowed hard. "We're wasting time. Are you coming voluntarily or do we knock you out?"

Peeta buried his face in his hands. A surge of sympathy hit Saffreen. She wanted to comfort him, strangely enough.

"Should we free his hands?" Leeg One asked, nodding toward the cuffs on his wrists.

"No!" Peeta snapped.

"No," Katniss agreed. "But I want the key."

Jackson handed it over without a word.

Homes opened the door to the maintenance shaft, revealing another problem. Castor and Pollux's camera shells wouldn't be able to fit through.

They removed the emergency cameras, and Messalla hid the shells in the closet. There was nowhere else to keep them.

It was a tight fit. They moved down the shaft single file, clutching onto their gear and packs.

They moved past the first apartment and broke into the second.

Through a door labeled utility was the tube's entrance.