Things would be different 《J.S》

Plot: 19 & 20 years old you and John are a couple and when the family business gets bigger your forced to stay away from Him. Back from the war has he changed or has he waited for you all those years

Blinder: John Shelby

~~~~~~~~

1914 March

The bell of the bakery goes off as someone walked in the cold air of small heath hits your skin cooling you down from working by the stone oven all day baking. "Alright" John walked in toothpick in his mouth, peaky hat on and eyes on the floor as he played with the pick.

"John you can't be here" I smiled at my boyfriend of 3 years. "You know I can't work when your in here"

"I know." He smirked he walked round the counter and came behind me as I was standing behind it. "You get distracted and plus I just couldn't wait to see you" he said sliding his arms around my waist, berried his face into my neck.

"John..." I sighed as he started to leave kisses on your neck "you'll have to wait one more hour untill my shift ends"

"That's too long" he whined like a toddler.

"John Michael Shelby if your going to moan like a five year old I'll make sure I do more hours" I huffed using his full name like a mother. "Now if you'll excuse me I need to see to this costumer. "Hello Mrs Adley" I smiled sweetly at her as she walked in "what can I get 'cha?"

John walked out with a huff but soon smiled back at me as I saw him walk out of the shop and pass by the window.

~~~~~~
Later that evening

"Rahhh" John jumped out of a corner and scared me "got ya'!" He said grabbing me and picking me up to spin me round like a love sick fool.

"J-john" I laughed "put me down" he put me down and I turned to face him looking up at him, I leaned up and pressed his lips to mine feeling the soft touch of him again soon got rid off all the stress I felt that day. His hands landed on my hips with one hand moving slowly up to cup my cheek.

"Look (Y/n)" he pulled away and traced his thumb on my cheek being.g the other to cup my other one, "I've got some business to- um family business to attend to but I'll walk you home" he cut himself off as I gave him a worried look.

His 'bussiness' included forging race bets and beating men up who dont pay up. But family business was different because I didn't know what it was I wasn't apart of the family yet and although the Shelby treated me like one I couldn't help but fell left out. "Okay" I smiled at him sweetly as he walked me home.

~~~~~~~~~~
Next day

"Those Peaky Blinders need to be stopped" I headed as someone walked though the bakery door with the bell going off, I stoped kneading my dough and wiped the flower off my hands. I know that johns older brother has a gang that the whole Shelby family is apart of the gang.

"I'm sorry miss" I said gaining her attention "what exactly did they do?"

"Oh you don't know..." she talked "well ... I must insist on telling you" she sure loves to gossip "the peakys beat up a boy probably as old as you last night, for.... oh I've forgot.....oh that was it! Shouting at there little brother." Finn? He's only 3-4 years old and having a grown man shout at him, well done boys.
"Poor lad was hospitalised, his eyes where slashed up, one ear missing and.."

"Okay thank you but that's quite alright" I smiled at her "what can I get you lady's?"

~~~~~~
Later

"Oh John I've had the most terrible day!" I hugged him as we meet outside the bakery. "How's Finn I herd what happened" he looked at me shocked.

"Ahh (y/n) jist so you know I ha-" John was cut off by a shouting voice.