18: The Dance

Can I back out? I really hate putting on make up and wearing uncomfortable clothes like this sleeveless royal green gown. It was too much. Brandon has been pestering me all morning reminding me not to ditch our graduation ball. Look, who's so eager.

My dad dropped me off at Shauntel Hotel where our graduation ball will be held. When I entered, the sophisticated European style interior came into my view. It was really beautiful. I looked around and standing in front of the reception area was Brandon wearing a coat and tie. And when I looked at his tie, it was a royal green tie, just like the color of my gown. Oh wow, didn't expect us to be matchy-matchy.

When I approached him, he suddenly handed me a bouquet of flowers. I didn't see it coming. 

"You're so beautiful tonight," he told me and my heart fluttered.

After a while, I heard the loud teasing and cheers of people. When I looked around, I saw a lot of my batchmates watching us. Oh come on, this is embarrassing! I turn to Brandon and gave him a pointed look. He then shushed the crowd and led me inside the ballroom. After registering our names, we separately look for our table. Before I could even reach my table, I was sandwiched by my two bestfriends. Oh no. I have a bad feeling about this.

"Beautiful flowers, Angie" remarked Krissy in a teasing tone. This is what I am talking about. I rolled my eyes at her.

"Are you together with Brandon now?" was the blunt accusation of Fleur. I gave her a pointed look.

"May I add, they were both wearing matchy matchy close" Krissy commented suggestively.

"Can you both calm down!" I told them through gritted teeth.

"Your wish is my command" Fleur sarcastically retorted and we all laughed.

After eating, drinking, playing games and taking photos, the floor was opened for dancing and I saw couples going in the middle for a slow dance. Suddenly, I felt nervous and anxious. I wonder why. Is it because I am anticipating something or someone? Oh please, my heart. I think I should just go for a second round of ice cream and salad. You know, making the most of our registration fee.

I was about to stand up when someone tap my shoulder. When I looked up, I saw Brandon offering his hand.

"Can I have this dance?" he asked and my heart suddenly fluttered. My friends and some of my classmates shriek and shout for us.

"I don't know how to dance" I whisper at him

"Trust me" was all he said as he led us to the dance floor.

I really don't remember what was happening. I felt as if my mind and my body is floating. I am not used to this thing and I felt like my heart will burst anytime. Brandon's stares made it worse. I could not look at him properly because he is looking intently at me.

Jason Chen's Unexpectedly was playing.

"Look at me," I heard him say as he placed my hands on his shoulder and he placed his at my waist. Oh boy. Not now please.

I've always been a man with a plan. Always prepared, never once to leave it to chance

"Angela... I want to say something..."

But it's all unscripted, when i'm with you. It seems familiar, yet it all feels so new

Oh come on. Now what? The background song was making this hard.

All of a sudden I miss you. Thinking 'bout all of the things that we've been through

"Angela, please look at me" he pleaded.

Oh no it's not that I planned to. But I think it feels like. Maybe I'm falling for you and me

I slowly lift my head to look at him and oh boy did my heart burst at this close proximity.

Just don't know. Oh were we ever meant to be

"What" I asked unsure.

Suddenly, oh you caught me. So off guard

"Thank you." He genuinely stated. "For what?" I asked

We fell in love so unexpectedly

"For everything."

So unexpectedly

"nah. Nevermind."

"No, it means a lot to me. You mean a lot to me" Oh boy.

"uhm.." my heart. I wanted to scream out loud. Brandon, what are you doing to me, seriously. I am more comfortable when we bicker not when you're being sweet and gentleman.

"you too. You mean a lot to me" I told him earnestly and we were lost in each other's eyes.