11: The College Application

I looked at the college application form I was holding. Three weeks ago, Ms. Sella handed us the form for University of Paramere College Aptitude Exam. She told us to carefully fill out the form and to thoroughly think about the courses we wanted to pursue.

I looked at the course list. There were about 235 courses to choose from so I was having hard time deciding.

My mom was across the table looking at the list too. She suggested Political Science since it is a good pre-law course. I was not convinced so she suggested Business Administration so I can be a corporate lawyer. I don’t have a thing for business so I disregarded it.

Maybe you like, Psychology,” I heard mom broke the silence.

I paused to think. “Psychology....” I silently told myself.

“It’s interesting. You got to know how people think and behave. I think that’s a good pre-law course too. Or if you decided to take medicine, it is also a good pre-med course,” she informed me.

A pre-law and pre-med course. Interesting.

Finally! After two hours of pondering and contemplating, I have decided to write Psychology as my choice.

As I finished filling out the form, I gave my mom a goodnight kissed and went back to my room. I looked at my phone and lo and behold, I saw 14 unread messages and 5 missed calls.

I immediately opened my inbox and saw 8 messages from Brandon, 4 messages from Fleur and 2 messages from Krissy. I pressed Krissy’s messages first.

Are you done with your application form?” her first message read.

I chose Chemical Engineering,” the last message read.

I smiled at this. Krissy’s father works as a Chemical Engineer in the Middle East. Krissy would always tell us that she wanted to be like his father so I was not surprise if she’ll write it on her form.

Wow. Nice one! I chose Psychology.” I replied.

I moved on to Fleur’s texts.

“Hey what course did you choose?” the first one said.

I can’t decide. Can I call you?” the second text read.

Hey why are you not answering any of our texts?!” she demanded on her third text.

After jdsdsklhsldhl, I settled with Tourism!” her final text read.

Like Krissy, I was not surprised by her choice. We all know that she likes to be a flight attendant. She even promised her parents that she’ll bring them around the world. I think it will suit her well since she is tall, lean and very pretty.