1: The Arrival

THIS IS IT. I’m finally backed in my beloved hometown! After two years of staying in Richardson, there is no denying that I’ve missed my hometown so so much. I’m so excited to be back that I made it a point to e-mail all my friends in Paramere about my arrival.

I wanted to surprise them but since I can’t contain my excitement anymore, I just have to spill it out. Impatient, I know.

Anyways, guess what is more exciting? I’m in my senior year and it is our first day of school today! That means I got to see my friends, my teachers (note the sarcasm) and of course, my one and only love – Paulo.

Paulo is the most amazing guy I’ve ever known in school. He is smart, he is kind, he is a leader and he is athletic. He actively participates in our student council despite being a basketball player. But what I like the most is his smile. Although he is such a flirt, he still knows how to be a perfect gentleman. That makes the girls like him more. But I’m pretty much sure that no one can ever compare for my devotion and love for him. I truly believe that we’re meant for each other.

Fine. Love is such an exaggeration since we are not together and I’m pretty much sure that he does not look at me that way. But hey, who wants to ruin my day by arguing with me? No one.

Moving on, so here I am sitting in our car with my younger sister while my dad drives. Oh yeah before I forgot, my name is Angela but I am no angel, trust me. I prefer if you would call me Angie since I’m a bit embarrassed of my name. I know “Angela” is a beautiful name and I love it but it’s just not me.

My sister’s name is Bella and she is just a year younger than me. We’re polar opposites, mind you but we’re very close. I’m the talkative one, she’s the quiet one. She loves shopping while I can’t stand it. In terms of academics, I’m the studious one while she does not give a damn on her grades. That’s what I admire about her, she is not a GC or grade-conscious like me yet she still passed her exams. Maybe it comes with the expectations, I don’t know. The list could go on but I don’t have time to enumerate our oppositeness because we finally arrived in school.   

Have a great time on your first day girls! Bye!” I heard my dad spoke.

 “Bye dad!” we both replied as we went down our car.

Finally, the long wait is finally over! I’m here in my beloved school.

Paramere Integrated School is the best school in town. The selection of students is highly competitive. In fact, the only point of entry in this school is thru passing the kindergarten examination. This means, we have been here since kindergarten. Naturally, everyone in this school grew up together. We’ve seen each other’s worst habits and we can read each other like an open book. That’s how far our history goes.     

I was putting on my backpack when my sister suddenly nudged me on the elbow.

Your friends have been shouting your name non-stop. Didn’t you hear?!” she told me with a pointed look.

I turned to the direction she was pointing and sure enough, my two bestfriends were waiting and shouting for me.