9: The Ball

To be honest, parties and balls are not my thing. I hate wearing long gowns, high heels and make-up but my two bestfriends threatened me to go. Yeah, they threatened me. Fleur told me that if I didn’t go to the ball, she will spill my one-side love story to Risa. Ugh. Remind me again why I’m friends with them. Nonetheless, here I am wearing a white strapped dress with a golden belt around my waist which both of my bestfriends chose for me.

“Are you done yet?” I asked them, clearly annoyed. I’ve been waiting for like forever for them in Fleur’s bedroom. I finished getting dressed for like an hour ago but here they are, still contemplating on what necklace and earrings to wear. They’ve like tried more than ten pairs of jewelry set and they can’t still decide. I can’t take it anymore so I just have to do something about this.

I handed Krissy a ruby heart-shaped pendant that will go well with her red silk dress while I pointed the silver infinity-shaped necklace to Fleur to match her navy blue long gown. They both looked at the mirror and smiled, clearly pleased with my suggestion.

So everyone is settled? Let’s go!” I told them as I grabbed my bag from the couch.

“We didn’t know you’re that excited to go. If we didn’t know you better, we would think you’re excited to dance Brandon,” Fleur was clearly teasing me. I glared at her.

“Oh please, as if. I’m just eager to go because my mom told me to watch over my sister. She’s suspecting that she is seeing someone special. She told me to go just in case you know... to stop them from doing unimaginable things...” I said while rolling my eyes.

“What a dutiful sister you are!” Fleur remarked sarcastically.

“Girls, girls, girls. Let’s not ruin this day by arguing or being late. Come on, let’s go!” Krissy grabbed both of us toward the car.

This will surely be a long night.

---

Upon arriving at the venue, I quickly scanned for my sister. I saw her laughing and talking with her friends. She is wearing a green cocktail dress and her hair is tied up in a messy bun. I called her name and when she looked at my direction, I gave her thumbs up.

I followed my bestfriends towards our table and saw that almost everybody has arrived. We all took our seats and the food was served right after.

I heard the emcees voices, followed by the welcome remarks from our student body president. Then without further ado, the dance floor was officially opened for the first dance.

The song “Can I have this dance?” boomed from the speakers and I saw a lot of couples making their way to the dance floor. I even spotted my sister with her boyfriend. Soon, the dance floor was filled with couples swaying with the music. It was a romantic sight, indeed. But as you know, dancing is not my thing so I’m fine with just sitting here. Besides, the food is really delicious!

The second song played and I was surprised to see Joe asking Krissy for a dance. I saw Krissy flushed by the gesture but nonetheless accepted the offer. Wow, this is definitely her night.