2: The Electives

Two days after I learned what my electives are, or rather after I learned that both Brandon and I shared the same electives, I’ve been dreading to attend those classes. I’m just grateful that Krissy is with me in Journalism while Fleur is with me in Baking. I just hope that Paulo will be in my Biotechnology class too.

So today is our first day in Journalism. When I looked around the room, I saw that most of the students are part of the honor roll. After Mr. Vargas told us the overview of the class, we elected who will be our editor-in-chief as well as the other editor positions.

Our Editor-in-chief is no other than our valedictorian, Amber Lopez and her assistant will be Jonas Mcclair. Krissy was elected as the Managing Editor while I got the Features Editor position. Brandon, on the other hand, became the Sports Editor.

Mr. Vargas dismissed us early so I went to my next elective. Since Krissy has Graphic Design class, we parted ways in the stairs. When I reached the room, I saw that Therese was already there. When she saw me at the door, she motioned for me to sit on the chair beside her.

Therese is one of the richest students in our batch and also a very close friend of mine. Both of our dads are working in the same company, so we often see each other during company events.

Wow, you’re in Biotechnology too?!” Therese exclaimed happily.

“Yes, thank God you’re here!” I replied as I put my bag on the floor.

“This is my favourite class, ever!” she exclaimed enthusiastically.  

“I didn’t know you love Biotechnology that much,” I admitted, laughing at her.

“Oh, not really. I love Biology alright but that’s not why I said that,” she told me.

“So, why is it then?” I asked her.

“You see, because my crush is here,” she admitted to me shyly. Wow, we’re the same. I just hope that Paulo will be in this class too.

I tried to remember who the guy is but I have no clue.

“And who is the lucky guy?” I enquire with genuine interest.

Uhm..... actually he’s here inside the room....” she trailed off shyly.

I immediately scanned the room, and saw four guys at the back: Lance, Garett, Damian and Brandon.

I know for sure that it can’t be Garett since he is madly in love with Therese’s bestfriend, Mica. It can’t be Lance since he is gay. I don’t think Therese will like someone like Brandon since he is so aloof. So that leaves Damian.

Damian is a perfect gentleman. He plays in the football team and I heard from Fleur that he won the MVP award last year. I think Therese and Damian will make a good pair.