"New Type"

Ginny finds the feeling of Baecrush's body to be more familiar over time. The 'crush' sense a bit like hearing and feeling breezes.

Her ability to lift is still nothing as good as Baecrush's. Past even a tenth of that weight, and it shakes away to the ground.

She wonders about the relatively nice weather. Bitter toxic storms were supposed to be common and could appear with little warning.

That morning two women appeared and watched Ginny practice the 'crush' skills.

They said the time for the next step was near. Would Ginny be willing to stay for seven months more or longer?

The time for someone else to conceive the boy child was close at hand.

Without mammal predators, there was less need to birth a child that was large. The evolution process left behind nine-month pregnancies. Babies were born sooner and smaller.

The new child would be conceived, birthed and nursed for seven months.

Handed from the mothers hand over to a 'nanny tutor' for protection and training.

Ginny accepts the offer to stay for it. This is what the path walkers have been planning for. That a very strong crusher and a somewhat normal path walker boy would have children.

Children of a new type. That would not suffer.