"A Goddesses' Hand (Part 1)"

A young woman stands near a paved concourse in front of Grecian beach. Baecrush experiences this from her view.

She wears a dress of her people. White and covering some of the thigh. It has no trim or color to it. Many of those that pass by have color or trim to denote their station or clan.

She has a light woven anklet on one foot and a spiral metal decoration on one upper arm.

She stands near the beach and decides to have some fun this morning.

Athletes run these beaches for most of every morning.

When she sees one she runs to the beach and passes him by. Outrunning him. She turns and smiles, but he continues at his pace. With many hours to run, it will not tempt him into a speed race with a young woman.

She is fast, and she knows it.

Turning back towards the city, so she stays in view. She accepts her mothers' warning to not go behind the rocks alone with an athlete.

Before the runner is gone past the rock, he smiles back.

It was fun.

She heads back towards the paved concourse, but a startled reaction by a young woman catches her attention.

There is young boy playing at the shore.

One of Poseidon's Insane Children was lunging up the shore towards the boy. These dark creatures breath air and seek shores to mate. They go mad and kill every small newborn in those seasons. We have driven them away from the shores of our city.

He lunges in shambles and flumps on the shore.

Nearby is a hand sized rock atop a large buried stone.

I grab it and fling it with everything I have.

It strikes the creature near the eyes. The creature sinks and is pulled away by waves.

I lift up the boy and hand him to sisters. Eventually getting praise of his mother and many others.

That felt so nice. A good deed with recognition.

When my mother arrives, I beam.

She slaps my face hard on one side and then hard again on the other. The crowd is gone, melted away in whispers.

A fall to my knees in crying tears, and my mother falls too and cries.

"Oh Daughter. I would hand you to a general and let him slap you. I would, but I know he would only want to keep you. Please daughter please. You do not understand the danger you are in."

She leads me back to our small (but clean) crumbling hut.

She questions me: "Did I really throw a golden apple and slay the pet of a god?"

No. Just a simple rock. Just a simple vile creature of the shore.

"Oh daughter you do not understand how risky your life is. Your father was of a far city. With him dead, you could become terribly misused. Promise me. Promise me, you will try to be more discrete. Oh I have only hope of the Goddesses for you. Please dear daughter understand my rebuke. It is that love I you more than my own life"

At the end of that day, the mother takes off both of their dresses and tries to soothe her sad child into sleep. Eventually herself falling into slumber.

The next morning there a fog in the air. The young girl hears a sound and goes to the cloth door to see who is there.

A sound draws her further out, and she is shocked to see. A tall and radiant woman. Truly a goddess.

'You poor thing. Bad things are headed your way. I will not let that happen. My hand is going change your course, dramatically!"

In a flash, young woman is gone, and the goddess takes her appearance. She adds a dress to the look and walks towards the shore. No fog moves in her wake until she is at the shore and an athlete runs close by.

She playfully runs long with the athlete well into the hidden rocky area.

The athlete accepts this obvious offer and lifts the girl into the air. He can spare some minutes for it.

The goddess swings her feet and arm unexpectedly and causes the two of them to fall.

When the athlete gets his bearings, he sees the face of the girl frozen in death. Blood on the rock from where the back of her head struck.

Fear sweeps over him, and he moves her body into the sea.

This moment (a terrible stupid accident) will change the course of his life.

As the goddess vanishes from the surf unseen, see considers the consequences. This one move will bear much so much fruit.