"The Hard Way"

Ginny was very pleased in the beginning. Clearly there was movement in the ground's dust when she thought about lifting.

That was two days ago and even a few hours of trying left her feeling 'head weak'. As if she worked in a production line moving a part in the same motion the same way every time.

It has been an incredibly long time since she had had found any task difficult. In Pinnacle, hard tasks and challenges were common. She knew every skill and development steps in experiences and game roles.

Standing here at the edge of the ancient building, she wondered about some of the lessons.

She had tried many of the encouragement and devoted focus techniques that work in Pinnacle.

She lowers to sit on the floor near the dirt. Groaning a little over how stiff these girls' hips are. How doing a hula style dance would be so unnatural for them. They just do not have lives where they give their bottoms a good wiggle every so often.

Safe but defeated. The support team is close by.

Ginny has nicknamed some of the girls. Three of them she thinks of as 'the trembling trio'. The core of that trio is a girl with a halting voice. Her face can be so intuitive in expression, but then go still. Often with a light gasp.

The other two are constant companions.

When I sat down, the smallest of the trio walks over and clings supportively to me.

"Yes, 'Ginny'. We see you work. Like you do. This. Like this, you would die in an attack.

Here, even if just small. Show me. I will watch."

Ginny repeats the attempt and struggles to get a small slow spin of dust on ground.

"You have the crush touch of a baby. Seeking to pull like fingers of your hand. You are pulling at the air. That is very hard. It makes you tired quickly. The soil falls away through the gaps as you pull against air. Air has very little resistance to being pulled."

Like earlier with others a small cube of soil is lifted up to eye height by this girl.

"It is easier to do a push. Push from stable ground up. Your crush power can be stable."

Ginny thinks of a column that extends upward and she gets her biggest yet loose pile of soil to lift into the air. The dirt pile drops small trails off the edges of this invisible column. The crush column shakes lightly, just like Ginny (in Baecrush's body) trembles.

The small girl whispers "There. Yes. When you are rested, you will be more steady. Do better."

Ginny accepts the hug and the encouragement, and eventually goes back to the kiosk.

It takes just a blink of time.

She gives those in Pinnacle an update. Things look promising. They review the 'push up with stacking' versus 'grasp and lift' techniques.

When Ginny steps out of the kiosk, she is encircled by the six girls. Guiding her and then providing her a selection of laps for a mid morning nap.