Chapter 20 - Wishes in the night

It was quite late in the night. Zak and Darryl were at the party they had been invited to, to celebrate the new year. It was hosted in a mansion, only a couple miles from their city. Clay and Vincent were also a part of the party and the four of them hanged out together, enjoying the food and drinks, dancing and just talking.

They had been in the middle of some kind of crazy dance when Zak suddenly grasped Darryl's hand and pulled him out of the party and into the dark night.The night air was chilly and the silence swept around them. The stars shone brightly above them. The music could clearly be heard from back inside the mansion, mixed with loud voices and laughter.

The moon was almost full and cast its silvery glow over them, highlighting their facial features. Zak smiled at Darryl nervously as they got lost in each other's eyes. Eventually Zak leaned forward and connected their lips together in a kiss, warmth spreading through their bodies and their lips moving in sync. They kissed for a long minute before being forced to break off for air.

"So why did you bring me out here? Just to kiss me under the moonlight? " Darryl asked with a smile and raised an eyebrow teasingly. He took hold of Zak's hand and caressed it with his thumb.

"Well yes, my love" Zak smiled warmly and blushed "but I also wanted to give you this...." he paused for a moment and then reached into his pocket. He took out a small box and then he kneeled down and looked up at Darryl with a nervous smile. Darryl jaw fell open and he could feel his knees get weak. Oh god

"Darryl Novescosch will you marry me?" Zak said, his dark brown eyes were shining, full of hope and full of passion. 

Darryl could feel himself tear up. He couldn't believe it, yet this was all he had ever wanted. To be with Zak, eternally. 

"Yes..." he managed, his voice failing him, "yes, yes, yes!" the tears were streaming down his cheeks know. A dream come true. 

 "I love you so much"

Zak put the ring on Darryl's finger and then stood up to pull his now fiancé into a tight hug. Darryl pulled away from the hug to kiss him instead. It was a long kiss, full of passion and hope. 

They walked back inside, hand in hand.

Meanwhile Clay decided to make use of them moment he had alone with Vincent. He felt like this was the perfect moment to finally admit to his feelings, which he was pretty sure also were mutual. He took a deep breath before speaking up.

"Vincent?"

"Hmm?" Vincent replied mindlessly. Clay carefully grabbed his hand.

"I like you a lot, I wanted to ask...." Clay made a pause to gather himself, "will you be my boyfriend?" the last part was almost a whisper, but Vincent heard it. His eyes immediately lit up and a bright smile formed on his lips. He didn't even reply, just pulled Clay close to him and kissed him passionately on the lips.

"Does this serve as a answer enough?" he said affectionately as he pulled away. Clay nodded before leaning in to kiss him again.