Chapter 7- An old friend (part two)

Darryl had not answered any of Zak's messages or calls throughout the day. No one else had seen him online either. Zak really began to worry. Had something happened to him? He sighed before trying to reach Darryl again- sending him another message. Zak hoped with all of his heart that Darryl would respond this time. He also hoped that nothing had really happened and that he was just being paranoid...

//

Zak 09:17pm

Darry, are you okay?

//

Zak opened the chat like every other minute to check if Darryl had replied or atleast seen his message. He then discovered that Darryl left him on "seen", he frowned slightly, something's definitely up...

//

Zak 09:27pm

Darry, please talk to me

//

Zak tried calling Darryl again, and this time he actually picked up. Darryl sat in silence, but the quiet sniffle he let out, revealed his presence to Zak.

"What's wrong, love?" Zak said, his voice laced with worry.

"I'm so sorry, Zak" Darryl said quietly, his voice broke.

"What? What are you apologizing for?" Zak said, slightly confused. Darryl sighed heavily, and continued, his voice strained by the crying he'd done.

"I'm sorry for being so selfish all the time, and not thinking about you or anyone else, and for being so mean and getting angry over dumb things. I don't know if I deserve-" Darryl said agitatedly but got cut off by Zak.

"What?! What are you talking about Darryl? You are definitely not selfish, you always look out for me and care for me and for all of your fans. I troll you all the time, it's understandable for you to get angry. And 'mean'? I don't even know where you even got that from, you're like the sweetest person ever. I love you so much, Darry."

"I love you too, Zak... it's just... my old friend was here today and she told me all these.. things. I just feel like some of it is true..." Darryl whispered. "and she kissed me" -he added, his voice even more quiet and fragile, as he was scared of what Zak would say.

"Wait what?" Zak frowned, shocked at Darryl's words.

"I'm so sorry Zak, I really didn't want her to.... and I backed away, but it was probably my fault anyway. She said I ruined her life, now I'm ruining your life too... "

"You're not ruining anyone's life, Darry. You didn't want her to kiss you, right? It wasn't your fault. She is just probably very shaken up and said that in the heat of the moment, believe me love, you are an amazing person and not anything she has said about you is true. Hopefully she will get over you, and you can make up, if not, that's her loss..." Zak said, feeling a little bit shaken up himself, yet full of love towards his boyfriend.

"You really think so? I feel bad though. And I love you so much Zak" Darryl said quietly.

"Don't worry too much, I will stand by you.  I love you too, Darry, I always will."

They continued to talk through the night, and Darryl was starting to feel a little bit better, he was truly happy to have such a amazing boyfriend like Zak.